General Practice Paralegal
General Practice Paralegals work very closely with the Firm’s lawyers and clients, depending on the needs of each particular transaction. Within the General Practice group, legal assistants are assigned work in the following practice specialty areas: Audit Letters, Commodities Futures and Derivatives, Corporate & Finance, Financial Institutions, IP & Technology, Insurance, Investment Management, Mergers & Acquisitions, Project Finance, Real Estate and Restructuring & Bankruptcy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Project management of securities and corporate finance transactions
- Completing precedent searches involving a variety of databases
- Obtaining and organizing due diligence materials from internet sites
- Notarizing documents
- Participating at pre-closings and closings
- Filing/distributing closing documents
- Proofreading a variety of documents, including offering documents, translations, mark-ups and drafting
- UCC searches
- SEC filings
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
- Knowledge of legal/paralegal environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work under pressure and multitask when required.
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Prior legal experience is beneficial but not required.
- Language skills are beneficial, specifically Spanish and Portuguese
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for a paralegal position, please submit a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript. Applicants must include all of the above-mentioned materials in order to be considered for this position. The Firm will only consider candidates that submit completed applications.
The base salary range offered for this role will be $55,000. When determining a candidate’s compensation offer, elements unique to each person are taken into consideration including but not limited to skill set, experience level, performance, professional certifications, degrees and location, as well as the needs of the Firm.
The total compensation package for this position may include overtime pay, discretionary bonuses and other benefits. For a more comprehensive list of employee benefits, please visit www.sullcrom.com/employee-benefits