Assessment Specialist- CASAC
NADAP, Inc. is a multiservice non-profit agency dedicated to helping people with medical, behavioral health and social service needs to become self-sufficient. NADAP programs assist disadvantaged populations in New York City and Nassau County. NADAP's services include health insurance enrollment, assessment, care coordination, case management, professional training, job preparation and placement services. NADAP is dedicated to building a culturally diverse workforce, one that aspires to promote an environment that welcomes and supports diversity, equity, inclusion and affirms equal opportunities for all. Visit us at www.nadap.org
Do you want to have an important impact as a CASAC? Can you imagine a workload that you complete at the end of each day? Yes, No More Caseloads and No More Treatment Plans. No more rushing to meet those deadlines.
Become an Assessment Specialist at NADAP and join a dynamic professional team of individuals who are here to help the clients best meet their needs.
The Assessment Specialists work business hours Monday-Friday. We offer a competitive salary and excellent health package including tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness program.
A Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) interviews clients referred by New York City’s HRA, applying clinical judgment to determine appropriate treatment needs and levels of care. Our CASACs work with a variety of HRA-identified special client populations, and interact with treatment providers daily
- Conduct one on one assessment on HRA-identified applicants and recipients
- Determine if treatment is needed
- Refer identified clients to HRA-approved treatment programs
- Make clinical recommendations for treatment referrals
- Must have an active NYS CASAC credential
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a substance use treatment setting
- High school degree is required, Bachelors is preferred
- Bilingual is a plus