Engineering Intern - Summer 2023
At CSL, we lead with a patient-first mindset. As an Engineering Intern, you will learn and utilize problem-solving skills to provide continuous site improvements and enable the safe manufacturing of lifesaving therapies for patients around the world.
What you will learn
- Support the implementation of projects that help remediate issues, enhance efficiency, and optimize yield
- Work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative solutions that enable continuous process improvement and technology optimization
- Apply engineering principles learned in the classroom to projects, low/medium complexity deviations, and process improvements at the site level
- Collaborate with colleagues to provide support and share knowledge for technical reviews, projects or processes with management oversight
- Demonstrate a growth mindset by actively developing relevant knowledge and skills
As an Engineering Intern, you will work under the supervision of an Engineering Manager at one of the CSL manufacturing sites in Holly Springs, NC or Bradley, IL.
During the assessment process, a recruiting specialist will align you to one of the following roles based on your expressed interest, background and skills:
- Process Engineering
- Controls & Execution Systems
- Project Delivery
- Engineering, Fill/Finish
- Manufacturing Execution System
- Manufacturing Engineering
What we’re looking for in a candidate
- Enrollment in a university degree program for Engineering, Manufacturing, or a related field
- Interest in the biotechnology or healthcare industry
- Desire to learn and adopt new tools, technologies and processes
- Effective time management and communication skills to support small-scale projects in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills
CSL is a global biotechnology leader that develops and delivers innovative lifesaving medicines, protects public health and helps people with life-threatening medical conditions live full lives.
About the Internship Program
The CSL Internship Program is a paid 12-week program for university students in their sophomore or junior year of study.
As an intern, you'll have access to learning and development opportunities while working alongside a diverse group of business professionals who are leaders in their field. The hands-on program provides a career-defining experience that builds on your education with real-world project involvement.
Internship Program Requirements
- Enrollment in a university degree program
- Anticipated graduation date between December 2023 and August 2025
- Able to participate in the program for 12 weeks beginning in May or June 2023
- Located within the United States for the duration of the program
- Authorization to work in the United States
CSL hires summer interns across multiple locations in the United States. If your permanent address is more than 60 miles from the internship location, CSL may provide a housing stipend to offset some of your relocation expenses.
Disclaimer: This position reflects an anticipated future internship role with CSL during Summer 2023. It does not reflect a full-time permanent position with CSL. By applying to this role, you are expressing interest in an internship within Engineering or a related team.