2023 Data & Technology Transformation Senior Consultant – US Federal
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, let's talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
What Will You Do as an IBM Data & Technology Transformation Senior Consultant?
As a Data & Technology Transformation Senior Consultant, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in technical, analytical, and artificial intelligence (AI)-enabled solutions and services, working with teams to help leading organizations solve business problems by gathering, understanding, preparing, and analyzing data to support efficient operations, strategic planning, and data-driven decision making.
Data & Technology Transformation Service Line:
Our Senior Consultants provide business insights to IBM clients through innovative solutions and services.
· Utilize analytical and AI technologies to help clients understand the complexities of their data
· Apply process, data and operating model disciplines to deliver operational efficiencies and effectiveness for clients
· Support innovation across the value chain by leveraging emerging technologies to perform process diagnostic and benchmarking thru implementation of enterprise solutions
· Enhance clients’ ability to gather insight on constraints, gather insight of new data and drive standardization thru application of automation platforms
· Leverage statistical, econometric, stochastic, operations research, predictive modeling, simulation, optimization, machine learning (ML) and/or deep learning techniques
· Support the design, development, and deployment of data-driven technology solutions and strategy
· Implement technology solutions using analytical tools and programming languages including Python, R, SAS, and SPSS
· Collaborate with clients to define key business problems to be solved
· Formulate technical approaches and gather data to solve client problems and drive client strategy
· Support technology thought leadership and eminence through internal and external presentations
· Lead technical and business development efforts for analytics and AI solutions and client engagements
If your expertise is working with data science technologies and/or data modeling, you will successfully support clients by:
· Developing models to analyze structured and unstructured data (numerical data, documents, social/news media, imagery, speech) and identify critical insights for business analytics across various domains
· Utilizing proficiency in programming languages, data structures, algorithms, storage systems, and other technical tools to develop technology solutions
· Leveraging familiarity with AI/ML models (regression, decision trees, classifiers, neural networks) and technologies (such Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, and other open source software) to perform analysis, which may include applications of natural language processing and computer vision
· Researching and architecting novel analytical and AI approaches for client use cases, including anomaly detection, prediction, trend analysis, knowledge management, and information retrieval
· Utilizing knowledge of environment, processing, and runtime requirements to deploy full-stack solutions enabled by analytical and AI models
· Working effectively and independently in a team of technical and non-technical individuals
If your expertise is working with data analysis and/or data strategy, you will successfully support clients by:
· Identifying and implementing effective methods, techniques, and technologies for data architecture, integration, mapping, management, and governance
· Developing processing approaches for the extraction, transformation, movement, and/or storage of data
· Ingesting various data formats and streams, which may include integration with big data frameworks such as Spark or Hadoop
· Leveraging knowledge of data modeling to provide recommendations on approaches for extracting key insights and trends to inform client strategy and decision-making
· Providing hands-on business knowledge while working with data scientists, developers, designers, business transformation consultants, and other cross-functional teams
· Understanding how technical decisions impact end user experiences
· Seamlessly managing client relationships and communicating efficacy of technology solutions
If your expertise is business process management or process automation, you will successfully support clients by:
· Identifying and implementing effective methods, techniques, and technologies for process transformation
· Enhancing processes through automation, developing and deploying platforms to facilitate business transformation
· Conducting improvement workshops and other interactive sessions to understand current state processes, process and customer pain points, and future state requirements in order to identify and implement improvements.
· Creating technology roadmaps for platform development and the onboarding of new assets
· Managing software development, integration, and testing for large-scale business critical applications following Agile methodologies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Many jobs within the US Federal Sector require U.S. citizenship and/or security clearance because of government or contract requirements. If you are not a U.S. citizen or are unable to obtain security clearance, there may be limited work opportunities for you, which may affect your continued employment at IBM.
· Bachelor’s degree
· MA, MBA, MPA, MPH, MPP or MS at time of start
· Availability to start in 2023
· Relocation to the Washington, DC Metro Area
· Willingness and ability to travel up to 100%. While most projects are local to the DC Metro area, US Federal’s portfolio of projects spans the US.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience in pursuing your master’s degree with concentrations in the following areas:
o Decision Analytics, Data Mining, Information Sciences, Information Technology, Quantitative Analysis, Operations Research, Operations Analytics, MBAs with Analytical Focus, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management, Decision Science, Quantitative Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing
· Prior consulting &/or relevant work experience in one of the following industries: Federal, State & Local Government, Defense and Education
· A passion for the Federal Sector, coupled with the ability to understand challenges that governments and their workers face and the ability to provide solutions that will provide long term value to the citizens of this country
· Capacity and eagerness to learn new assignments, systems, and tools
· Aptitude for technology tools and applications
· Experience or certification working in the Agile method
· Cloud trainings and/or certifications, particularly demonstrating AI/ML and other analytics expertise (e.g., IBM Cloud, AWS, GCP, Azure)
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences via Cognitive data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM Services empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
·World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
·Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
·Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
·Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.