Analyst, Private Equity Investments - Secondaries (Campus)
Private Equity – Analyst, Secondaries Investments
The Analyst Program is designed to provide an introduction to the alternative investment industry. The Analyst will be involved in all aspects of secondary private equity investments, including due diligence, transaction execution and investment monitoring.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Analyze and conduct due diligence on secondary investment opportunities across private equity strategies.
- Build and modify discounted cash flow and LBO valuation models.
- Prepare investment memorandums; present recommendations and due diligence findings to internal committees and clients.
- Partner with legal counsel to review deal terms, as well as negotiate and execute investment transactions.
- Use Capital IQ, Preqin, Burgiss, DealCloud and other financial research materials/databases as part of due diligence, research, and transaction advisory process.
- Support fundraising efforts for private equity separate account mandates and commingled funds.
- Support business intelligence projects the team as necessary.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Qualified candidates will be pursuing (or have recently completed) a BA/BS with a concentration in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field.
- Applicable coursework or previous internship in the field of investments or financial markets.
- Experience with spreadsheets and financial databases (Capital IQ, Preqin, Burgiss, DealCloud) helpful, but not required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; Outlook; Power Point).
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the investment industry, particularly the alternative investment industry.
- Excellent work ethic and high degree of professionalism and commitment to team and a goal-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills, including an ability to articulate your thoughts in a clear and concise manner to both clients and staff through written correspondence, presentations and/or meetings.
- Superior organization, decision making and problem solving skills with the demonstrated initiative and ability to manage tasks and projects independently from start to finish.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle changing priorities pertaining to work flow.
- Strong attention to detail and concern for quality and accuracy of final product.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively with other departments.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Highest ethical standards and integrity.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V