Finance & Administration Manager (Behavioral Health Division)
Finance & Administration Manager (Behavioral Health Division)
Job ID: 106590
Location: Oregon City, Oregon
Full/Part Time: Full Time
CLACKAMAS COUNTY CORE VALUES
Clackamas County employees work to serve the public and enrich our community. In that spirit, we pledge to hold ourselves to these standards at all times in our interactions with customers and one another:
• Individual accountability
By incorporating these values into our daily routines, we can better serve our customers, ourselves and our projects. We're always looking to improve.
That's the Clackamas County SPIRIT.
Clackamas County is committed to building a community where people thrive, have a sense of safety, connection, and belonging, so that everyone is honored and celebrated for the richness in diversity they bring.
We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and lived experience to apply.
This position has been updated to open until filled. The first application review will be September 19, 2022. We reserve the right to close this recruitment at any time on or after that date.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Clackamas County proudly offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including competitive wages, cost-of-living adjustments, merit increases (for eligible employees) and a robust sick and vacation plan for regular status employees.
We encourage and support employee health and wellness by offering a variety of gym membership discounts, annual wellness fairs and alternative care benefits, so you can customize your wellness needs to fit your lifestyle.
Annual Salary Range: $89,967.52 - $121,456.00
Hourly Pay Rate: $43.253617 - $58.392309
Salary offers will be made within the posted pay range and will be based on a candidate's experience (paid or unpaid) that is directly relevant to the position.
In addition to competitive wages, Clackamas County offers an attractive benefits package and incentives for employees in regular status positions.
Generous paid time off package, including:
• 16 hours of vacation accrued per month
• 8 hours of sick accrued per month
• 10 paid holidays and 1 personal day per year
Membership in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP)
• County pays both, the employer portion AND the employee 6% PERS retirement contribution
• OPSRP members get vested after five years of contributions or when they reach age 65
• Other Retirement Savings Options that allow for additional retirement funds savings, including an option to contribute a portion of employee earnings on a pre or post-tax basis to a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
Other Benefits: (Medical & Dental Coverage starts the first of the month following date of hire)
• A Choice of Medical Plans that include chiropractic coverage, alternative care, vision and prescription drug coverage
• A Choice of Dental Plans
• Robust EAP and wellness programs, including gym discounts and wellness education classes
• Longevity pay
• A variety of additional optional benefits
This is a full time non-represented group 2 County position.
JOB DETAILS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Behavioral Health Division of the Department of Health, Housing and Human Services (H3S) is looking for an experienced professional with advanced financial, administrative and management skills to provide leadership, program development and monitoring and coordination of the multiple financial and administrative functions within the division. The Finance & Administratio Manager will plan and oversee administrative and business functions including: budgeting, financial reporting and analysis, accounting, purchasing and public procurement, contract administration, grants administration, payroll and shared services management, microcomputer programming, personnel management and act as liaison to other departments and divisions.
The candidate in this position will need to be a strong communicator, cultivate and maintain positive, collaborative relationships and be client-focused by demonstrating the commitment to fulfilling client needs. The ideal candidate will possess a mix of both technical and soft skills demonstrating effectiveness in streamlining business and program operations with a strong understanding of public procurement, purchasing and budgeting in the public sector, along with a financial systems background working within a health care environment
The Finance & Administration Manager reports to the Director of the Behavioral Health Division, provides direction to other division managers on policy issues, as well as supervises the Administrative Services Team.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
Per the Oregon Health Authority, (https://secure.sos.state.or.us/oard/viewSingleRule.action?ruleVrsnRsn=280799 & https://secure.sos.state.or.us/oard/viewSingleRule.action?ruleVrsnRsn=280616 ), this position is subject to the mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement. Prior to the start of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious exception in place with the County as a qualification of employment.
• A minimum of eight (7) years of relevant experience that would provide the required knowledge and skills to perform the responsibilities of the position. (A minimum of two (2) years' experience must include supervisory experience)
• Experience in budget development and monitoring
• Experience in procurement & contract administration and monitoring
• Experience with financial reporting and analysis
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with internal and external team members.
• Ability to handle a wide range of situations and circumstances effectively, positively and professionally.
• Ability to establish priorities, organize tasks and projects and work independently.
• Computer proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc).
• Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving may be necessary for County business. For position(s) with occasional/incidental driving, incumbents must possess a valid driver's license. Accommodation requests for an acceptable alternative method of transportation will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation. For position(s) with regular driving, incumbent(s) must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. http://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/828106a0-265a-47cc-a3a6-0a2c8b028673
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Thorough knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to management in government agencies in the State of Oregon
• Public procurement and purchasing
• Budgeting in the public sector
• Experience working in a health care environment
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran's Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
• Manages and provides leadership, program development and monitoring and coordination of the multiple financial and administrative functions within the division; plans and oversees administrative and business functions including: budgeting, financial reporting and analysis, accounting, purchasing and public procurement, contract administration, grants administration, payroll and shared services management, microcomputer programming, personnel management and liaison to other departments and divisions.
• Manages the development of annual Division budget and subsequent budgetary and fiscal control programs; ensures budgets are balanced; directs forecasting of additional funds needed for staffing, materials, facilities, etc.; manages the preparation of short- and long-term financial projections; prepares presentations and financial reports to Division and Department Directors, managers and supervisors, County Administrator, Budget Committee and Board of County Commissioners (BCC); and coordinates Division fiscal activities with County Finance Department.
• Oversees Contract Administration services including: processing new contracts, amendments and renewals; assisting with and/or independently negotiating selected contracts; and ensuring contracts are managed through entire cycle to include County Counsel and Risk Management reviews, coordination with Purchasing and signature approvals within H3S, County Administrator and BCC levels.
• Manages fiscal compliance monitoring for subrecipient and vendor contracts, including subrecipient grant agreement development and monitoring; subrecipient and vendor identification and risk assessment; coordination of monitoring plan and schedule; oversight and management of fiscal compliance monitoring staff and coordination with Audit and Finance staff.
• Manages the Intergovernmental Agreement with the State of Oregon to include: oversight of core revenue contract and subcontracts tied to these funds; oversight of financial reporting and monitoring;
• Oversees the Division's grant management process and compliance monitoring to include: coordinate grant proposals and submissions; coordinate grant evaluation requirements; manage and monitor various online reporting modules for federal and other funders; maintain grant files; ensure ongoing coordination and communication between grant staff, fiscal staff and program staff for any grants.
• Oversees the Division's program support functions , including medical claims billing, front desk clerical functions, and maintenance of the Electronic Health Record system.
• Supervises fiscal staff and contracts staff, develops performance standards and expectations; conducts performance evaluations; administers progressive discipline; initiates training and development programs; ensures coordination and connection between fiscal, contracts and compliance teams; promotes teamwork among staff and with other divisions and departments; fosters and supports a diverse workforce.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Through knowledge of: Principles and practices of public administration, including management analysis, organization design, budget, grant, and contract administration and personnel management; participative management theories; government financing methods and funding sources; state and local government operating methods and procedures; techniques of negotiation and public relations; County accounting and budgetary requirements, record keeping practices; knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
Skill and Ability to: Interpret and apply accounting and fiscal related laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, policies and procedures; analyze complex financial data and make recommendations; plan, organize, direct, coordinate and supervise various administrative and business services; direct staff in continuous efforts to improve quality productivity and effectiveness, and incorporate team participation in decision making; maintain grace, tact, and diplomacy under pressure, and remain accessible and approachable; embrace respect, dignity and the needs and interests of others as core values.
This position is included in the County's alternate workweek program, working 40 hours during a standard workweek of Monday through Thursday (Fridays off).
Specific hours of work will be discussed with the candidate selected for this position at the time an offer of employment is extended. This position is eligible for hybrid on-site/telework subject to the https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/9065b5fb-2237-47ce-9534-e7c8c40fc2bc and based on the Department's business needs. The exact amount of on-site/telework and schedule will be discussed with the hiring manager during time of offer. Telework locations cannot be located outside of Oregon or Washington. Washington residents must perform 50% of their time on-site at Clackamas County.
EXPLORE CLACKAMAS COUNTY
Clackamas County is in a prime location in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and is recognized nationally as one of the most livable areas in the United States. Located on the southern edge of the City of Portland and extending to the top of Mt. Hood, Clackamas County is part of a thriving region in the Northwest. It has a population of about 420,000 residents.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Clackamas County Behavioral Health Division strives to provide excellent mental health and addictions services to Clackamas County residents who receive Medicaid and Medicare, or who may be uninsured. We offer services through partner providers located throughout the county. We also offer direct service through our Crisis Services programs.
Behavioral Health is a Division of the Health, Housing, and Human Services (H3S) Department.
Clackamas County only accepts online applications.
PLEASE INCLUDE A RESUME & COVER LETTER DETAILING YOUR EXPERIENCE AND HOW YOU MEET THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
Help With Your Application:
If you have any questions or issues you may contact the Department of Human Resources at 503-655-8459 or mailto:email@example.com?subject=Application%20Materials%20Question. Our office hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (closed on Fridays).
HOW TO CLAIM VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Clackamas County does not offer visa sponsorships. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date. You may request an accommodation during the online application process.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3493428
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.