JOB DESCRIPTION *
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is seeking a highly motivated professional to join its Financial Services (FS) team. The successful candidate will be working in the Financial Systems unit of the Business Systems Program Management Office. The Financial Systems unit is a technically diverse and dynamic environment with a team of professionals responsible for providing centralized and coordinated management of projects and operations that contribute to the development and optimization of Naval Reactors (NR) Program business systems.
Our organization focuses on ensuring that the business systems support the lines of business (LOBs) operations and improvement of their business capabilities in alignment with overall NR Program and NNL goals. The successful candidate will support the LOBs by integrating and coordinating efforts among the functional users and IT communities to ensure the systems continue to meet operational needs.
Responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide systems analysis and expertise to the department.
- Assist management in directing efforts for the development, preparation, recommendation, and justification of major system applications.
- Assist and/or lead process improvements across the FS department and sites in support of FS business objectives.
- Collaborate with management on developing application and/or business solutions as needed to mitigate potential risks.
- Partner with Information Technology to build/maintain data infrastructure (data pipelines, aggregated data sets, reports, dashboards) to monitor the performance of our operations and drive business understanding.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of best practices, and compliance related to issues in area of expertise to increase organizational effectiveness. Ensure compliance to policies and procedures as directed by management.
REQUIRED SKILLS *
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience
- Experience with Oracle Financial Applications and BI Reporting tools
- Experience with SaaS solutions and cloud-based technologies
- Experience with cloud services and deployment strategies
- The ability to work interdependently with technical infrastructure teams, project application teams and business units to ensure service delivery of business capabilities is meeting business objectives
- Excellent analytical, design, and organizational skills, with strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage time efficiently with the capacity to handle multiple tasks concurrently under minimal supervision
- A team player with the ability to build consensus with other team members
- Experience with high levels of accountability; demonstrated initiative, innovation, and flexibility
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills