Data Engineer Intern
Data Engineer - Intern
We are looking for an Data Engineer Intern for our Data and Analytics team. The Data Engineer Intern participates in data integration & data ingestion pipelines; ETL, EDI, data quality & standardization as part of a team responsible for building and supporting the Cloud Data Lake/Data Warehouse. Performs tasks associated with information integration across hardware and software platforms while adhering to strategies governing metadata, data cleansing, cloud data security and Data architecture.
- In this role you will participate in analyzing and organizing raw data from various sources, build data delivery systems and pipelines for use in reporting and analytics – descriptive, predictive and prescriptive.
- Recommend internal process improvements including for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Recommend ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Collaborate with internal business partners
- Present regular updates and produce deliverables associated with assigned tasks.
- Collaborate with Data Engineers and Data Scientists ensuring business value.
Standard Job Requirements:
- Ability to build and optimize Data Sets
- Adept at quickly acquiring software skills
- Programming skills in SQL, Python, R.
- Working knowledge of Big Data technologies (PySpark, Spark, Kafka, DataBricks, Hive, or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of Cloud Services (preferably Azure)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Cloud Data Lakes/DW preferably Azure SQL Synapse
- Basic knowledge of visualization in Power BI and/ Tableau
- Basic knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Basic knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, etc.)
- Experience working with large databases, with demonstrated ability to independently query and prepare data for analysis
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical people
- Comfort with problem solving frameworks, root cause analysis, hypothesis testing, and translation of insights into business impact
- High degree of curiosity, enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment
- Pursuing a bachelors degree in Computer Science or MIS
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.
About ADM: :
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.