2023 Summer Internship - Computer Vision
Remote Work: Yes
At Zebra, we extend the edge of possibility by shaping the future of work on the front line—reinventing how businesses run and moving society forward.
We are a community of changemakers, innovators and doers who come together to deliver a performance edge to the front line of business. We develop new technologies and create new solutions with partners to help organizations act with greater visibility, connectivity, and intelligence—delivering better experiences for workers and those they serve.
Being a part of Zebra means being seen, heard, valued, and respected as you define your path to a fulfilling career. Here, you’ll have opportunities to learn and lead at a leading company, and you can channel your skills towards causes that you and the Zebra community care about, locally, and globally.
Together, we've only begun to define the edge of what's possible—for our people, our customers, and the world.
Build your edge. Build what's next.
Join a community of changemakers, innovators, and doers.
The purpose of this internship is to focus on advanced development and application of emerging edge sensing, artificial intelligence, and workflow optimization technologies in innovative end-to end system prototypes to solve real-world problems and advance these systems and AI technologies into Zebra businesses. We are dedicated to creating cutting edge AI and machine learning solutions to be used in the real world. These first-of-a-kind solutions work across sectors, for example, helping retail managers improve their store operations & better serve their customers, helping logistic managers enhance the efficiency of their operations and helping healthcare professionals provide the best medical care possible.
- Design and develop novel computer vision and/or machine learning algorithms in areas such as: model compression, self-supervision, multi-modal learning, training with noisy labels, 3D reconstruction and Super resolution
- Develop prototypes and drive continuous development
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering and research teams
- Participate in cutting edge research in computer vision that can be applied to Zebra product portfolio
- Develop planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Increase technology knowledge and skills
- Develop team-based work proficiencies
- Develop interpersonal skills to connect with day-to-day business contacts through follow up activities
- Current enrollment in an graduate degree program (PhD) in Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics
- Must have an anticipated graduation date between May, 2023 - May, 2027
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Experience with on-device processing
- Experience in one of the following field: model quantization, 3D reconstruction (Nerf models), self-supervised learning, semi-supervised learning
- Experience with MLops tools and process
- Experience with Pytorch or Tensorflow
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic, and/or extracurricular experiences
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Zebra Total Rewards includes more than just pay and is structured to meet the needs of our changing global business and evolving talent. We are committed to providing our employees with a benefits program that is comprehensive and competitive – including healthcare, wellness, inclusion networks, and continued learning and development offerings. We offer community service days, in addition to the traditional insurances, compensation, parental leave, employee assistance program and paid time off offerings depending on the country where you work.
Salary: USD 19.00 - USD 42.50 Hourly
Salary offered will vary depending on your location, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
Additionally, all Zebra roles are eligible for cash incentive programs. For example, sales roles have additional opportunity to earn substantial variable compensation tied to quota achievement. In most other roles, the Zebra annual cash incentive program links Company and individual performance together. Some roles may also be eligible for long-term incentive equity awards.