Finance Development Program Analyst - Accounting
At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
If you exemplify our values and want to be part of a company that is really passionate about providing value for the patients and customers we serve, this is the role for you.
Primary Function of Position:
The Finance Development Program Analyst 1 - Accounting is a recent college graduate looking to learn a foundation of critical skills to support a career in Accounting or Finance through a rotation program. The program runs for two years, composed of three 8-month rotations through various functions, such as Corporate Accounting, Revenue Accounting, Technical Accounting, Corporate FP&A, or Product Ops FP&A. A candidate will complete two rotations in accounting roles and one rotation in another finance-related function. At the conclusion of the 2-year rotation, qualified graduates of the program transition into roles within the accounting organization to support our fast-growing business.
This position supports the organization by providing operational and technical accounting support as well as financial and operational business performance analyses to management. Gathers data, analyzes transactions, records entries, prepares documentation, and supports reporting efforts within the accounting organization as well as summarizes recommendations for financial plans, future requirements, and operating forecasts within the finance organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and posting of GL and sub-ledger journal entries
- Support the month-end close processes
- Preparation of account reconciliations (research and resolve discrepancies/reconciling items)
- Assist with the accounting and documentation for various transactions
- Research, document, record, and communicate technical accounting matters as they arise
- Create and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Manage daily accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, SOX/internal controls, and external audits
- Perform and document risk analysis and test internal controls
- Support both internal and external audits
- Complete special projects, as assigned
- Monitor, identify and communicate financial and operational performance to senior leaders within Finance, Sales, Marketing, Product Operations or G&A functions
- Develop financial models and review and assess investments based on ROI calculations and business strategy
- Provide financial controllership for cost center budgeting and forecasting
- Generate monthly reporting and business metrics packages
- Monitor and analyze effectiveness of resource utilization
- Design and implement scalable processes and reporting of key business metrics
- Create ad-hoc analyses and business forecasts
- Identify and drive implementation of cost reduction and process improvement projects
- Minimum BS in Accounting, Finance, or related degree
- Minimum 0-2 years of Accounting-related experience
- Strong Excel skills are a necessity (pivot tables, VBA macros, lookup functions, shortcuts)
- Ability to learn business systems and applications (such as Hyperion, Essbase, Ariba, Tableau, SQL, SAP)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- An analytic, collaborative, strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven self-starter with ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment
- Knowledgeable in U.S. GAAP
- Knowledgeable in PCAOB standards and SOX compliance
- Ability to follow manager guidance and work direction, meet deadlines and financial goals
- Candidate to be CPA exam eligible or on track to complete sufficient coursework within the next 12 months after starting with Intuitive
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.