Intern or Volunteer with ChangingThePresent.org to Support Disaster Relief to Make a Difference!
Intern or Volunteer with ChangingThePresent.org to Support Disaster Relief to Make a Difference! Use
- your skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and talent to make a difference.
- Help us capture for nonprofits providing disaster relief some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year buying presents. (We also have internships for those interested in other causes).
- Become a member of our dynamic and creative international team.
- Help us grow a movement to facilitate and encourage a new type of meaningful giving through direct engagement of nonprofits, foundations, associations, thought leaders, media, and celebrities.
- Work from our Manhattan office or remotely.
- Develop your teamwork and leadership skills.
- Enhance your resume and get a glowing letter of recommendation.
Use and enhance your professional skills in any of these fields: strategy, partnerships, finance, communications, social media, graphics, research, community management, fundraising, sponsorships, Public Relations (PR), Human Resources (HR), marketing, event management, organizing, and activism.
Focus on Disaster Relief—or Your Other Favorite Cause
At ChangingThePresent you can focus on Disaster Relief or any other favorite cause
The New York Times called ChangingThePresent.org an “amazon.com of the nonprofit world” for our work in helping 400 leading nonprofits capture some of the fortune normally spent on traditional presents.
While a million nonprofits desperately need more funds to accomplish their missions, Americans spend $450 billion a year on birthday, holiday, and other presents. Most of those presents are not very rewarding. Tons of sweaters, fuzzy slippers, and ties end up in the dark corners of our closets.
It is no surprise that a growing number of people, who seek meaning more than “stuff,” are starting to show their love by donating in a friend’s name in lieu of giving traditional presents.
The challenge for nonprofits is that it is simply too daunting to provide the requisite gift-like experience (tangible charitable gifts, wish lists and registries, and personalized printed greeting cards) that can make a donation feel like a rewarding gift. ChangingThePresent.org provides those tools to facilitate this type of giving for nonprofits and donors.
We are about to take ChangingThePresent to the next level. That involves expanding from the initial 400 organizations to inviting all 1.1 million nonprofits, as well as adding additional causes and categories. Within each cause area, we will seek growth funding, invite advisors, recruit nonprofits, use media and social media to raise awareness among the public, and recruit celebrities to lend their voices.
Imagine the impact we can make together as more and more people adopt this type of meaningful gift-giving!
Casual and Friendly Office Environment
This is a great place to work. We have had interns and volunteers from all over the United States and more than fifty countries. The atmosphere is energetic, creative, and fun. We value brainstorming, initiative, sharing, and collaborating. Think of it is a laboratory, studio, seminar, or incubator. We are also casual. We are interested in your brains, creativity and heart, rather than your attire. Want to work in jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops? That’s fine with us.
Who, Where, When
· We are glad to hear from high school, undergraduate, and graduate students, as well as professionals who want to make a meaningful impact with their skills.
· Work at our office or remotely. We are conveniently located at 7th Avenue and 33 Street, across from Penn Station in Manhattan.
· Full-time or part-time, school-year or summer, day or evening, weekday or weekend. We are glad to have your help whenever and wherever you are available.
· We provide a great opportunity to make a meaningful change in the world, but this is an unpaid position.
To learn more, please see the illustrated presentation at https: https://changingthepresent.org/pages/interns-and-volunteers.
Please share this opportunity. This page, http://www.changingthepresent-join.org/banners.html, has images that are the right size for Facebook and Twitter.
Are you ready for a great experience and eager to make a difference?
Send a resume and short cover letter to: join [AT] ChangingThePresent [DOT] org.
We would like to hear how you can help, what causes you are passionate about, whether you would like to work from our office or remotely, and your desired schedule.