Operations & Data Intern
Talent, Engagement, and Support purpose is to build an equitable organizational culture that utilizes a people-centered approach to advance Graham’s strategic vision to meet our mission, which is: in full partnership with families and communities, Graham Windham strives to make a life-altering difference with children, youth and families who are overcoming some of life’s most difficult challenges and obstacles, by helping to build a strong foundation for life: a safe, loving, permanent family and the opportunity and preparation to thrive in school and the world.
The intern in this role partners with the Director of Team Experience & Engagement and C-Suite leadership and collaborates with program managers to establish a program that leverages volunteers' skills, expertise, and time to increase mission impact. This exciting opportunity is to conceptualize, plan, and develop a volunteer program. In partnership with the Director of Team Support and Engagement, interns will be responsible for developing the volunteer programs blueprint, initial implementation, and tracking and reporting progress to key program stakeholders.
Internship Roles & Duties and Responsibilities
Though internships are role-specific, interns will be expected to work collaboratively to drive project activity and meet program development goals.
Operations & Data Intern
- Begin to explore and construct a database system for collecting and analyzing data on recruitment metrics and retention rates of volunteers, types of volunteer’s challenges to volunteering at Graham, the time of the year peaks and lows, evaluations, and the currency motivating commitment to the program, etc.
- Identifying or co-create a database management system with IT to maintain volunteer information such as contact, availability, expertise, preferred projects, etc.
- Consult with Graham HR and Strategic Program Planning & Development Intern to develop and streamline the volunteer credentialing and onboarding process.
- This internship has a range in the type of work and supports building a new program from the ground up; hence there will be unexpected and overlapping work in detail.
- Experience volunteering or being a part of a volunteer organization through school.
- Strong technical skills in database creation and management, data analytics, and data storytelling; project management software knowledge preferred.
- Solid organizational and time management skills with a focus on the deadline and must be able to work within a team.
- Digital Marketing, Podcast creation, and Research Skills.
- Active collaboration and communication skills, the ability to pivot and manage variety in the work.
- Must be receiving academic credit for the internship and be able to commit at least 15 hours per week, and must be able to complete two semesters.
- Must be in a Master’s Program-- MPA, MBA, MS-PM, OD, NP-Leadership, DM, and DA.
In conclusion, an intern will gain knowledge and practical experience in the following areas:
- Project Planning and Execution Skills.
- More vital soft skills such as communication, relationship management, and enhanced emotional intelligence skills to meet your intended audience.
- More extensive data analysis and story outline delivery.