Summer Legal Intern
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and community development financial institution (CDFI), catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has partnered with over 4,800 practices in nearly 40 states, and has leveraged more than $1.3 billion to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC seeks a Summer Legal Intern to support our Strategy and Public Affairs unit. Reporting to Director of Policy, this internship is an opportunity to gain critical knowledge of current health policy and legislative issues at the federal and state level. We seek a highly organized, creative individual with either professional or educational experience and interest in health policy or politics, as well as a commitment to health equity and racial justice, to help advocate for PCDC’s mission
· Research existing primary care regulations and legislation at the state and federal level
· Assist in developing regulatory and legislative advocacy materials
· Preparing for, and, when appropriate, attending policy meetings with stakeholders
· Tracking key policy issues and trends affecting primary care and investment at various levels of government in and outside of New York
· Additional duties as assigned
Required Experience, Education & Skills
• Current law student
• Background or interest in health care / public policy
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong writing skills
• Highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) as well as legal research through Westlaw or LexisNexis
This is a full time, 10 week paid/stipend internship position. Candidates from the New York City will be given preference, but this internship could be fully remote and candidates from the following locations will also be considered: California, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, North Carolina, and Washington, D.C.
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.