Actuarial IT Intern (Summer)
Performs assigned duties under the direction of experienced personnel to gain knowledge and experience in preparation for full time professional opportunities in the field of Actuarial IT.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides assistance and works on specific projects within the assigned business unit; may assist with ad hoc projects related to the industry, and/or business unit processes
- Collects, organizes, analyzes, and prepares reports for management; assists team in identifying process improvements
- Continuously develops analytical, project management, leadership, presentation, and other business skills by involvement in strategic projects and work assignments
- Receives training and performs duties in assigned business unit to become familiar with division functions, operations, management skills or style, and company policies and practices affecting each phase of business
- Observes experienced personnel to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties
- Participates in roundtable feedback discussions to interact with other participants and to offer program improvement ideas
- Performs other duties as required
Education & Experience Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum Required Actively pursuing bachelor's or master's degree in related field
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Basic administrative and organizational skills
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates acceptance of responsibility, flexibility in acceptance of assignments; exhibits dependability
- Proficient in major PC applications, including Microsoft Office, Excel, and Internet access
- Acting with Integrity - Clearly states goals and beliefs; lets people know his/her/their true intentions; does what he/she/they said they would do; follows through on commitments
- Communicating Effectively - Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener
- Pursuing Self-Development - Demonstrates ambition and desire to move forward in his/her/their career; engages others in discussions about career development; seeks feedback on ways to increase his/her/their performance; takes advantage of opportunities to build new skills and capabilities
- Serving Customers - Builds strong relationships with customers; stays aware of customer needs, concerns and satisfaction; responds promptly to customer questions and requests; effectively manages
- Supporting Change - Enthusiastically participates in new change initiatives and programs; focuses on reasons why changes will work and how they will be beneficial
- Supporting Organizational Goals - Actively supports organizational goals and values; demonstrates enthusiasm toward the company's goals and mission; aligns actions around organizational goals
- Working with Diverse Populations - Shows respect for the beliefs and traditions of others; encourages and promotes practices that support cultural diversity; discourages behaviors or practices that may be perceived as unfair, biased, or critical toward people with certain background.
The statements below describe the general nature and level of the work and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
- Normal office environment (virtual and/or in-person)