Research Enrollment Coordinator
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Mass General Brigham (MGB) Biobank is a large research program designed to help researchers understand how people’s health is affected by their genes, lifestyle, and environment. Biobank Coordinators help patients make informed decisions about participating in the MGB Biobank research program. Biobank Coordinators assist to educate, recruit, and perform phlebotomy on patients who are being seen at 8+ MGH outpatient and inpatient practices. Biobank Coordinators are responsible for assisting with the following: patient education for patients with varying levels of health literacy, obtaining consent, and explaining all aspects of consent form and consent procedures to patients of varying cultural and educational backgrounds. Additionally, Biobank Coordinators are responsible for performing phlebotomy, and entering and maintaining patient and survey data. Biobank Coordinators work with physicians and clinic staff to ensure recruitment activities fit within clinic flow. Principal duties may vary over time with grant funding and project demands, and with skill level of other staff assigned to projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits potential study participants at eight or more different sites at MGH and tracks approaches using specialized software. Assists with responding to patient and staff inquiries about the Mass General Brigham Biobank.
- Assists Project Manager to implement patient recruitment strategies.
- Conducts phlebotomy (blood draws) on research subjects.
- Assists in preparation and shipment of drawn samples to the central facility.
- Assists with the development, organization, and/or maintaining the study database. Responsible for data validation and quality control. Coordinates with Consent Tracking to ensure proper subject identification.
- Responsible for data entry.
- Supports collaborating studies with recruitment, collection, and management of study database as needed.
- Recommends changes to research protocols to improve recruitment and collection rates.
- Assists with clinic expansion at new clinics or sites.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients from varied backgrounds, MDs, researchers and other team members.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work responsibilities in order to meet deadlines.
- Must possess integrity to maintain confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate accuracy in recording data.
- Must possess strong database management and overall computer skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
High School diploma required. BS or BA degree or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of related experience preferred.
- Spanish fluency preferred, but not required.
- Experience obtaining consent from patients preferred.
- Phlebotomy experience and training a definite plus.
Works in normal office environment and hospital clinic.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Primary Location MA-Boston-MGH 185 Cambridge
Other Locations MA-Boston-MGH Main Campus
Work Locations MGH 185 Cambridge 185 Cambridge Street Boston 02144
Job Research - Other
Organization Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Standard Hours 40
Shift Day Job
Employee Status Regular
Recruiting Department MGB Partners Personalized Medicine
Job Posting Sep 29, 2022