About the role.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with "can-do" attitude and strong work ethic with knowledge and experience of superior analytical and problem-solving skills to find solutions to various accounting problems. In this role, you will be an integral part of the team, providing important deliverables to senior leadership.
What you’ll do.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Create and maintain accurate vendor records and enter payables into accounting system.
- Ensure all payables are approved by the correct department.
- Confirm that all expenses are coded accurately.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve billing questions and concerns.
- Review of our daily payment application process,
- Bill generation and processing refunds
- Collections reporting and entry
- Interactions with our client facing customer service department
Other Accounting responsibilities:
- Compile and analyze financial information
- Maintain fixed assets
- Assist with month end and year end closings.
- Ad hoc analysis of expenses across different departments and accounts, monitoring trends and variance and recommending actions to reduce these expenses.
What we’re looking for.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- 1-3 years of prior accounting experience preferred, but we would also consider exceptional entry-level candidates.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- High level of proficiency in Excel, including experience working with pivot tables and vlookup.
- Knowledge of cloud based accounting platforms [Intacct knowledge a plus].
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Highest level of integrity and honesty
- Confident, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written, and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Is eager to develop new skills and enhance expertise
- Strong analytical capabilities with a curiosity for finding the answers to questions
- Can proactively manage tasks and issues, and escalate issues as appropriate