Accounts Receivable Analyst
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is seeking an Accounts Receivable Analyst to join our team. The candidate must be well organized, with attention to detail and exceptional interpersonal skills, and will report directly to the A/R Supervisor.
- Daily cash management; processing receipts and billings, income allocations, and providing the regular monthly cash and receivable reports; all credit card processing and monthly allocation processing are included.
- Assist in maintaining accounts receivable customer files and records, including new customer accounts, in the Lawson ERP accounting system.
- Daily processing and posting of payments, applying cash receipts to customer’s accounts and investigating discrepancies.
- Assure timely and accurate invoicing on all receivables, including third party billing.
- Review collection reports and follow up outstanding monies due the Lab.
- Posts daily cash, making sure all cash receipts are applied properly.
- Processes wire transfers.
- Assists in monthly posting of journal entries.
- Submits daily reporting to Treasury Accountant.
- Proves cash weekly and monthly.
- Reviews billing templates and procedures at month end and before annual audit.
- Prepares year-end audit work papers for assigned accounts.
- Reviews, tests, and maintains all Accounts Receivable procedural manuals.
- Other projects, as assigned by Treasury and/or Comptroller.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting, Finance preferred. Associates degree required.
Experience: 3-5 years of A/R experience
Skills: Knowledge of Lawson Software and not-for-profit experience is a plus. Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
Our employees are compensated from a total rewards perspective in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional health benefits, retirement plans, time off, and wellness programs. Visit our CSHL Benefits site to learn more.
Candidates from non-traditional and/or underrepresented backgrounds, broadly defined, are strongly encouraged to apply.
For immediate consideration, please apply online to https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cshl/jobs/3851620/accounts-receivable-analyst?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Founded in 1890, CSHL has helped shape contemporary biomedical research and education with today’s research endeavors encompassing cancer, neuroscience, plant biology and quantitative biology. CSHL is a private, not-for-profit institution in New York and has been home to eight Nobel Prize winners. Today, CSHL’s multidisciplinary scientific community is bolstered by more than 600 researchers and its Scientific Meetings & Courses Program, which hosts more than 9,000 scientists from around the world each year on its campus. For more information about CSHL, please visit us at https://www.cshl.edu
You are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition to your employment at the Laboratory. You will be required to provide proof of your vaccination on your first day of employment.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.