Acquisitions & Asset Management Investment Analyst Intern - Spring Semester 2023
Position Summary: As part of a respected and growing private equity real estate investment firm, the Intern will play an active role in analyzing and modeling real estate investment opportunities. The Intern Analyst will work closely with members of the investment, asset management, portfolio and accounting teams. The position is located in Framingham, MA. Flexible work hours and/or days. The internship is paid.
- Develop underwriting models and market assumptions for analysis of commercial real estate acquisitions both prior to contract and during due diligence.
- Modeling and analyzing prospective real estate acquisitions, including project feasibility, deal structure and final returns using Argus software and advanced Excel.
- Prepare detailed analyses for properties in the pipeline, including analysis of operating and financial statements, tenant financial health, leases, property taxes and insurance.
- Using third-party data sources to research market data, demographics and to evaluate investments comparables (rent, operating expenses, sales, cap rates, etc.).
- Assist in the composition of investment memos, asset management transition memos and internal write-ups.
- Support Acquisitions, Asset Management and Portfolio Management with ad hoc financial analysis as requested.
- Assist in refinancing and hold/sell analysis.
- Update internal Argus and cash flow models for material changes (new leases, operating expenses, capital expenses and leasing assumptions) as part of the internal valuation process.
- Assist with development and construction project analysis throughout the project life cycle.
Concentration in finance, investments or real estate preferred.
Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Word and PowerPoint required.
Competency in Argus helpful but not required.
Active interest in real estate.
Strong quantitative, analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills.
About Calare: Calare Properties is a private real estate manager and operator focused on acquiring warehouse, manufacturing, lab and flex/office commercial real estate for the economic benefit of our investors and strategic partners. Since the firm’s inception in 2003, Calare has led the acquisition of over 20 million sq. ft. of properties representing $1 billion in transactions through funds, direct deals and a multi-asset portfolio.