2023 Corporate & Investment Bank - Markets Summer Analyst Program - Singapore
What to expect
Our global Markets teams are active in all major financial markets and develop sophisticated financial solutions to help clients manage risk, increase returns and solve complex financial problems. Globally, we hold leadership positions across all major financial markets. This approach means you'll be part of a dynamic team, helping to solve a range of challenging and interesting business issues and will be challenged in your work.
As an intern, you will join one of tracks within Markets: Sales or Trading:
• Sales helps corporate and institutional clients navigate the breadth of J.P. Morgan product offerings across Markets and Platform Services. They build relationships with clients and package tailor-made solutions that meet the needs of a wide array of clients. A salesperson typically has excellent communication skills, an analytical mind, is a capable multi-tasker, and team oriented.
• Trading at J.P. Morgan is a unique insight into global markets – we provide liquidity to clients in all major asset classes and pride ourselves on our fast execution, market share and e-trading platforms. A trader’s role is to respond to and encourage client enquiries, manage the resulting risk, and respond to market-moving events. Trading is detail-focused, intellectually stimulating and requires logical and quick decision-making.
Across both tracks, you’ll support senior colleagues with important research, analysis and preparatory work. You will monitor markets, develop trade ideas, conduct portfolio reviews, and learn about the solutions and products we offer for clients to manage any market conditions. Your work and contributions will be valuable to the team from the start.
Expert instructors and J.P. Morgan professionals will teach you about our history, the scale and scope of our organization today and our ambitious plans for tomorrow. We’ll teach you technical and practical skills that will help you hit the ground running.
This program is an opportunity to take your career to the next level through hands-on experience, relevant skills training and valuable professional networking. As it is a pipeline for future graduate opportunities, based on individual performance and achievements, those who successfully complete the program may receive offers of full-time employment with the firm.
A strong interest in global financial markets is essential, as are analytical and quantitative skills, flexibility, teamwork, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to handle pressure and enjoy a collaborative environment. A well-rounded academic background is important in your undergraduate studies. You certainly don’t need a degree in Economics or Finance, but a good level of numeracy is required.
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the perspective you could bring to the team.
If you've got initiative and the vision to come up with strategies and plans, then this is the role for you.
Key skills and qualifications include:
• Excellent analytical, quantitative and interpretative skills
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative work environment
• Being adaptable, flexible and resilient
• Knowing your way around Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Coursework in finance or economics a plus
• Confidence and initiative to take on responsibility and manage your own projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• We’re a global company whose primary business language is English and so fluency in English is required.
• Fluency in Korean/Mandarin is only required for desk placements that will focus on client engagement and business development for the Sales desk covering the Korean or Chinese markets.
• Expected graduation date of September 2023 – July 2024 from a Bachelor’s or Master’s program
• If you are pursuing a Master’s Degree, it must be completed within 2 years of your Bachelor’s Degree
• Holding the permanent right to work in Singapore is an advantage, however, candidates requiring visa sponsorship may still apply.
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your resume. Your application and resume is a way for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
If you are advanced to the next step of the process, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a video interview, powered by HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
Completion of the HireVue video interview is required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed it. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete this as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Please email us at email@example.com for any enquiries, and visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2022 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran