Information Security Intern (Summer 2023)
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx's Internship Program is a place where students from varied backgrounds, identities, and experiences come together to lay the groundwork for their futures. Interns have the opportunity to contribute to real-life projects, build life-long connections through social events, and give back to our communities by participating in volunteer activities. Our Summer 2023 Internship Program will be a hybrid working experience that allows students to live and work in a remote environment while also offering opportunities to come together in person.
Learn more about the internship experience and understand the recruiting timeline by visiting our 2023 Intern Guide. (tinyurl.com/AlteryxInternGuide)
Please Note: Make sure you have applied through RippleMatch and successfully created and completed your profile.
What You’ll Do:
As an intern on our Information Security team you will:
- Work on the implementation of Alteryx’s GRC tool
- Work on compliance initiatives focused on, but not limited to SOC 2
- Work on implementation of an ISMS or similar security framework
- Work alongside the business continuity management (BCM) program
- Work on corporate risk initiatives
- Work with SOC Analysts to record and track security incidents.
- Work to develop playbooks for Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) solution
- Work to develop security focused Alteryx Designer workflows
- Students currently enrolled in a degree program
- Ability to work for 12 consecutive weeks during the Summer 2023
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. and should not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to understand and interpret security and compliance concepts and security policy goals
- Students graduating between December 2023 through June 2024
- Passion for written and verbal communication will set you up for success in this role
- Experience with Alteryx Designer/Server
- Experience working in a Security Operation Center
- Cyber Security certifications
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary for this role is $40/hour. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Program Overview + Benefits
- Paid company holidays, volunteering time off, and access to Headspace
- Ownership of high-impact, real-life projects
- Participation in special events like social/community building activities, speaker series, opportunity to volunteer in local communities, and more
- Showcase impact by presenting intern projects at company/department-wide events
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.