2023 - Corporate infrastructure - Group Data Office - Summer Analyst
2023 Group Data Office Summer Analyst Program
Location: NYC, USA
Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Investment Management. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
Group Data Office is the Group Central Data and Analytics arm that works closely with the Group Businesses and Group Corporate functions to enable the execution Nomura Group Strategy through Robust Data Standards & Governance, Actionable Performance Metrics & MIS, and High Impact Information and Analytics Products and Solution.
Drive development of information and analytics products for data and digital transformation across Nomura Group. Assist with data management and governance activities. Document and implement data architecture, data catalog, data pipelines, business glossary and data quality rules by leveraging data tools and platforms.
- Build data pipelines both on-premise and on the cloud to ingest, process and distribute data
- Build and manage data visualization dashboards using Tableau/PowerBI or other similar tools
- Work with Data Scientists and Engineers to deploy solutions to dev/production environment
- Collaborate with business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop success criteria and optimize new products, features, policies, and models
- Communicate key results to senior management in verbal, visual, and written media
Qualification & Core Skills requirement:
- In the final stages or getting awarded a Bachelor’s or Masters in quantitative fields (Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Information Technology, Information Science or similar)
- Intellectual curiosity to solve data driven problems
- Exposure & hands-on experience in executing data analysis using tools such as Python, R, SQL, PowerBI, Tableau etc.
- Exposure to statistical methods. Familiarity with Machine Learning methods is a good to have.
- Exposure to cloud tools such as AWS is good to have, but not a must
- Ability to understand complex business and data systems
- Ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- Excellent inter-personal & team skills.
What you will learn in this role
- Understanding of financial services, especially wholesale and investment banking
- Understand the use of data in corporate decision-making and importance of data management, governance and quality
- Exposure to data driven decision making by corporate functions - Risk, Legal, CRES, HR, Finance
- Gain experience with cloud computing and data warehousing on the cloud through AWS and Snowflake
- Application of statistical techniques in real world scenarios
- Exposure to corporate culture in a global organization and team
- Outstanding academic qualifications
- GPA: 3.2+
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science and/or related fields)
- Graduating between June 2024 and June 2025 at an University in the United States
- Applicants for this position in the Group Data Office Division of NHA must be currently authorized to work for any employer in the United States. The Group Data Office Division is not sponsoring or taking over sponsorship of employment visas for this position at this time.
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.
DISCLAIMER: This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Nomura is an equal opportunity employer.