Retail Field/Operation Internship: Summer 2023 (Hybrid- Combination On-Site & Remote)
At Lands’ End, we are on a mission to create a more comfortable world. We care about our employees, our community and our planet. People are the heart of our company, and our doors are open to everyone. We are committed to creating a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for all. Our strength in work and life comes from the combination of our experiences, backgrounds and talents. It's what we do as people that makes Lands’ End a great place to work.
As an intern, you will join over 5,000 talented individuals who are leaders, critical thinkers, accountable, curious, flexible and results-minded all driving toward the same goal - to delight customers and drive sales through multiple channels. Our 12-week, summer Internship program gives you the freedom and flexibility to work in a location that is most comfortable and productive for you.
In addition, you will join a diverse group of individuals from a variety of colleges, universities and areas of study. Some highlights of our internship program include:
- Twelve-week program: May 22 – August 11
- Paid Internship
- Onsite and Hybrid
- Summer Hours: Work ends on Fridays at 1pm
- Team building and networking activities
- Group projects and career-building workshops
- Leadership and cross-functional learning opportunities
- Assigned mentor focused on your growth and development
- Senior leader speaker series
- Lands’ End merchandise 50% discount
Our internship program is designed with future leaders in mind and serves as a pipeline for top talent. Participants in our program receive one-on-one mentorship while working alongside seasoned Retail professionals. We will look to you to share your ideas and recommendations. The Intern experience at Lands’ End is a comprehensive development-based role, designed to facilitate a robust retail store, field team and retail operations career path. Interns will be immersed and integrated in the various functions of the current retail store experience and the Lands’ End store of the future. In the role you will understand the factors that contribute to the broader scope of the retail store experience while gaining valuable hands-on experience in skill competency areas. Lands’ End interns will gain exposure to the retail store environment, customer service, staffing, visual merchandising, project management and operations. You will play a key role in the Lands’ End store of the future project and roll out.
As part of the experience you will focus on key projects for the retail team and various projects. You will be involved in key projects that will support future business decisions. In this role, you will communicate with business partners to understand the internal decision-making processes. This internship is fast paced and requires a passion for retail, the customer, fact-based decisions, project management and a point of view. You will quickly come to appreciate the complexities of growing a global, multi-channel retailer.
Successful Retail, Field team and Retail Operations candidates should possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong industry knowledge and passion for retail and the Lands’ End brand.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of work styles as well as the ability to work independently.
- Highly organized and detail focused.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Innovative, critical thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong communication skills, proven relationship builder.
- Ability to drive results and present fact-based analysis and point of view.
- Exceptional knowledge and ability to work fluently with Excel.
- Ability to travel during the internship program.