Finance: FP&A Internship Summer 2023 (hybrid)
At Lands’ End, we are on a mission to create a more comfortable world. We care about our employees, our community and our planet. People are the heart of our company, and our doors are open to everyone. We are committed to creating a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for all. Our strength in work and life comes from the combination of our experiences, backgrounds and talents. It's what we do as people that makes Lands’ End a great place to work. In this role, you will have the flexibility to work days onsite at the Corporate office in Dodgeville, WI and at home each week.
As an intern, you will join over 5,000 talented individuals who are leaders, critical thinkers, accountable, curious, flexible and results-minded all driving toward the same goal - to delight customers and drive sales through multiple channels. In addition, you will join a diverse group of individuals from a variety of colleges, universities and areas of study. Some highlights of our internship program include:
- Twelve-week program: May 22 – August 11, 2023
- Paid Internship: $18.00 per hour
- Hybrid work option
- Computer equipment shipped directly to you
- Summer Hours: Work ends on Fridays at 1pm
- Team building and networking activities
- Group projects and career-building workshops
- Leadership and cross-functional learning opportunities
- Assigned mentor focused on your growth and development
- Senior leader speaker series
- Lands’ End merchandise 50% discount
Our internship program is designed with future leaders in mind and serves as a pipeline for top talent. Participants in our program receive one-on-one mentorship while working alongside cross-functional teams to complete initiatives that are key to our business success. You’ll have the opportunity to serve as a financial resource, partnering across all levels of the organization to provide financial analysis and management. Utilizing sound business knowledge, you will provide the information, data, insight and guidance required to effectively make decisions. The internship experience has a strong focus on hands-on learning and team involvement.
Additional responsibilities include assisting in ongoing ad hoc analysis and reporting. You will quickly come to appreciate the complexities of growing a global, multi-channel retailer. Ideal candidates are curious, motivated, business-savvy innovators who thrive on challenge. They have proven leadership abilities and project management skills.
The Intern experience at Lands’ End is a comprehensive development-based role, designed to facilitate a robust Finance career path. Interns will be immersed in the various functions of the business that contribute to the broader scope gaining valuable hands-on experience in skill competency areas.
Successful Finance Intern candidates possess the following:
- Innovative, critical thinker with the ability to continuously operate strategically and work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to develop presentations and summarize findings
- Able to develop financial models and strong analytical skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and bias for action
- Able to work on multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of Excel
- Working toward a degree in Finance and Business