Inventory Planning Internship Summer 2023 (Hybrid or Remote)
At Lands’ End, we are on a mission to create a more comfortable world. We care about our employees, our community and our planet. People are the heart of our company, and our doors are open to everyone. We are committed to creating a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for all. Our strength in work and life comes from the combination of our experiences, backgrounds and talents. It's what we do as people that makes Lands’ End a great place to work. In this role, you will have the flexibility to work days onsite at the Corporate office in Dodgeville, WI and at home each week. A fully remote option may also be available.
As an intern, you will join over 5,000 talented individuals who are leaders, critical thinkers, accountable, curious, flexible and results-minded all driving toward the same goal - to delight customers and drive sales through multiple channels. In addition, you will join a diverse group of individuals from a variety of colleges, universities and areas of study. Some highlights of our internship program include:
- Twelve-week program: May 22 – August 11, 2022
- Paid Internship: $18.00 per hour
- Hybrid work option
- Computer equipment shipped directly to you
- Summer Hours: Work ends on Fridays at 1pm
- Team building and networking activities
- Group projects and career-building workshops
- Leadership and cross-functional learning opportunities
- Assigned mentor focused on your growth and development
- Senior leader speaker series
- Lands’ End merchandise 50% discount
Our internship program is designed with future leaders in mind and serves as a pipeline for top talent. Participants in our program receive one-on-one mentorship while working alongside seasoned Planning and Allocation professionals. You will work with the team to provide analysis and identify opportunities for efficiency and productivity. We will look to you to share your ideas and recommendations. The Intern experience at Lands’ End is a comprehensive development-based role, designed to facilitate a robust planning and allocation career path. Interns will be immersed and integrated in the various functions of planning and allocation and understand the factors that contribute to the broader scope of planning while gaining valuable hands-on experience in skill competency areas. Lands’ End interns will gain exposure to reporting, analysis and modeling.
As part of the experience, you will focus on key projects for the department. In addition, you will be responsible for various ad hoc projects to identify improvement opportunities that require analysis and reporting as well as hind sighting and trend reporting. You will be involved in key projects that will support future business decisions. You will communicate with business partners to understand the internal decision-making processes. This internship is highly analytical and requires a passion for financial analysis and a point of view. You will quickly come to appreciate the complexities of growing a global, multi-channel retailer.
Successful Planning and Allocation candidates should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Strong industry knowledge and passion for the Lands’ End brand.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional knowledge and ability to work fluently with Excel.
- Ability to work with a variety of work styles as well as the ability to work independently.
- Highly organized and ability to work independently.
- Customer-focused, results driven, analytical, flexible.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Innovative, critical thinker with the ability to continuously operate strategically and work cross-functionally.
- Strong communication skills, proven relationship builder.
- Ability to drive results and present fact-based analysis and point of view.