PhD Machine Learning Research Intern (Summer 2023)
Here, at IQVIA, we are building our internship program around smart, talented students that are excited about shaping the future of human health. As an IQVIA intern, you are able to create your own experience through insightful interaction with many different business units across the organization that will allow you to help us develop outside the box solutions to help solve some of the most important problems facing the healthcare industry. Every intern experience at IQVIA is unique and with our dedicated Early Talent Team here to take care of you, each intern will experience an inclusive intern community, fireside chats with executives, lunch & learns with various business units, access to our Employee Resource Groups, mentorship, skill shares, end of season presentations and much more!
If you have a passion for making a difference in healthcare, then consider joining the company that created the Human Data Science industry. Participate in a fast-paced clinical technology project as a business analyst, solution architect, data scientist, program manager, software developer, and more.
The Analytics Center of Excellence
Our Analytics Center of Excellence (Analytics COE) harnesses our global healthcare insights, working closely with our clinical and therapeutic experts to power evidence-driven design, speed site activation and recruit the right patients, faster. We’re using big data and advanced analytics to derive insights that transform clinical development and bring new medicines to patients faster through successful trial delivery.
The Machine Learning Research team offers a collaborative and supportive environment for cutting-edge and multidisciplinary research, with access to an extraordinary diversity of large-scale healthcare data sources. We are looking for two passionate PhD students with ability to craft and pursue an independent research program to help advance our R&D agenda on AI for healthcare.
As a member of the Machine Learning Research team, you will work on some of the most exciting problems in healthcare, develop practical ML solutions that will impact future IQVIA products, and publish in top conferences/journals. Our research topics include but not limited to AI for drug repurposing, clinical trial optimization, protocol similarity identification and rare disease detection.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Proven research expertise in deep learning with good knowledge and hands-on experience in data-driven drug repurposing and clinical trial design.
· Strong publication record in relevant conferences (e.g., KDD, NeurIPS, ICML, AAAI, IJCAI).
· Good programming skills in Python with hands-on experience on deep learning toolkits such as PyTorch or Tensorflow.
· Strong mathematical skills in convex/nonconvex optimization, linear algebra and statistics.
· Ability to formulate new research problems, create training pipelines and evaluate model performance.
· Experience with Apache Spark, Hadoop and SQL/NoSQL is a plus.
· Desire to work in a collaborative environment.
**Must be currently enrolled in a PhD program in Computer Science or a related STEM field, and be physically located in the United States during the internship.