Summer Intern - Information Technology
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking two talented and innovative Interns to join our Information Technology (IT) department located at our Ridgefield, CT facility. As an Intern, you will a participate and support strategic and/or operational programs within Boehringer Ingelheim.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and analyze business processes and needs, with guidance of IT colleagues
- Assist in the development of requirements and present possible solutions or improvements.
- Assist in rapid prototyping ideas and building minimum viable products
- Deploy applications with modern infrastructure using Docker, and Azure/AWS platform
- Assist in various coding refactoring and documentation tasks.
- Support goals by participating on project teams and delivering on assigned tasks and action items.
- Work closely with developers, test engineers and business analysts
- Participate in technical decisions that affect service architecture and make a lasting impact
- Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
- Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.200 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
- Major must be related to the field of internship.
- Experience in full-stack software application development using any of programming language such as Java, NodeJs
- Experience building and working with GraphQL, RESTful APIs or related web technologies
- Experience working with relational databases like MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS/Azure)
- Experience with a Version Control System like Git
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Pursuing a master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Experience in structured and unstructured databases
- Experience in building and deploying microservices using Java or Nodejs, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Knowledge on digital marketing, omnichannel and trends
- Knowledge of agile methodology processes
- Working experience in Power Virtual Agent, Azure Cloud, Azure Cognitive Services, Bot Framework and LUIS/NLP are big pluses
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.