Safety and Pharmacodynamic (PD) Biomarker Intern
Location: South San Francisco, CA
We are currently seeking bachelor, master, or PhD-level candidates who are working towards a degree in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Pharmacology for an internship during the summer of 2023.
Objectives/Goals of the Position:
- Develop and advance new methods and cellular assays for safety and PD biomarker discovery
- Collaborate with Scientists from across integrated Bioanalysis and Clinical Pharmacology & Safety Sciences
- Gain insights into working with complex human in-vitro models and developing safety and PD biomarkers that can be used in clinics
- Perform in vitro experiments (Western blot, qPCR, immunostaining, ELISA) using advanced in-vitro and ex-vivo tissue model systems to evaluate and validate safety and PD biomarkers
- Generate, interpret and communicate data
- Students working to obtain a bachelor, master, or PhD in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Pharmacology.
- Basic lab experience with cell culture and in vitro assays.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization, presentation, and writing skills.
- Familiar with pathways and mechanisms associated with oncology and respiratory diseases.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0+