The White House Historical Association is a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization founded in 1961 by First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy to enhance the understanding, appreciation, and enjoyment of the Executive Mansion. For more than sixty years, the Association has produced award-winning books on a wide range of subjects related to the history of the President’s House and has actively fulfilled its educational mission with robust educational programming and retail offerings.
This is NOT a political position or a position with the United States Government. All proceeds from the sale of the Association’s books and products are used to fund the acquisition of historic furnishings and artwork for the permanent White House Collection, assist in the preservation of public rooms, and further its educational mission.
The Association is seeking a Production Designer to join the award-winning publishing department to work across all of the Association's departments: Retail, Special Events, Marketing and Communications, Administration, Education, and Development.
• Executing templates designed in keeping with the Association’s graphic identity program
• Utilizing design skills in the updating of existing layouts.
• Designing and producing announcements, invitations, programs, menus, signage, and related ephemera for special events.
• Ensuring stationery suite is kept in stock and preparing files for production as needed.
• Designing and producing print advertising, rack cards, book catalogs, and other promotional materials as needed.
• Designing and producing educational inserts and booklets for retail products.
• Reviewing and correcting printers proofs with the assistance of colleagues.
• Graphic design degree
• Minimum of one year professional or internship experience
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work creatively and collegially
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Genuine interest in history and the arts a plus
Send cover letter describing your relevant experiences, and your resume in a single Word document or PDF to email@example.com. The White House Historical Association is an equal opportunity employer.
WHHA offers a comprehensive benefits package:
• Life insurance
• Long/Short term Disability
• Long term Healthcare Plan
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 403B Matching
• Paid Holiday
• Paid Sick Leave
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Personal Day
• Paid Meal Breaks
• Metro Smart Benefits
• Employee Discount Program