Manager of High School Career Pathway Program
We seek a committed, professional, and inspiring individual who is passionate about teaching woodworking skills to young people as a foundation for career pathways. We are specifically searching for an individual who has experience with woodworking and experience working with high school students and interested in working with us to build a career pathway program. This person must have creative ways to engage youth who learn in alternative ways and may be disengaged with academic learning. Bilingual (Spanish/English) candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
This position will be approximately 20-25 hours a week, starting January 2023.
Hourly rate range $26-$30 per hour. Increases with tenure. Health insurance (partial) if schedule averages 20 hours or more per week; employer match for 401k retirement plan; family & medical leave.
· Develop and implement curriculum that teaches of woodworking skills and techniques in classrooms and wood shop.
· With support from Associate Director, develop multiple year program plan for career pathway in craft and carpentry.
· Develop partnerships with schools, businesses, and necessary stakeholders to achieve program goals.
· Teach and engage diverse populations across race, cultural boundaries, and different abilities.
· Collaborate with program and site administrators, faculty, and students.
· Assess participant learning and evaluate overall program effectiveness, using Eliot School materials.
· Model core values and best practices in classroom management and teaching.
· Share genuine respect and support for all students to succeed.
· Communicate regularly with program administration through e-mail, phone calls, and/or in person.
· Participate in professional development provided by the Eliot School.
· Serve as a positive ambassador for the Eliot School and uphold the organization’s mission, vision, values, and strategic direction.
· A minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent
· Minimum of three years recent full-time employment in carpentry, wood shop instruction, or related field
· Associate degree or Bachelor degree may substitute for one or two years of employment
· Vocational Technical Teacher License preferred.
· Excellent relationship-building skills.
· Strong time management and organizational skills.
· Passion for engaging all students in the creative process.
· Flexibility, patience, and self-motivation.
· Strong communication skills: to talk with teachers, staff, administrators, parents.
· Ability to travel to various locations throughout Boston.
· Bilingual fluency a plus: English/Spanish