Global Private Finance Program Analyst
The Global Private Finance team is seeking a Program Analyst to assist in providing cash flow based financing solutions to private equity sponsored transactions across a variety of industries.
The Analyst Program is designed to provide junior professionals the opportunity to learn about asset management through working closely with senior professionals. The analyst program includes building models, forecasting, authoring underwriting memos, working on valuations across different asset classes, managing reporting and amendments for existing investments, and actively participating in training and team-building activities.
- Participate in credit underwriting and account management activities
- Perform financial analysis on potential borrowers including review of historical financial performance, customer & product trend analysis, etc.
- Prepare accurate financial forecasts incorporating alternative capital structures.
- Assist in preparation of investment memos containing written description of borrower business operations, industry dynamics, financial performance, etc.
- Maintains relationship data on customers and prospects.
- Manages portfolio of existing borrowers. Plays an integral role in ensuring compliance with financial covenants, recommending appropriate risk ratings and determining loan valuations.
- Undergraduate degree preferably with a focus on Finance
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office applications and sourcing data from the internet and various technology publications
- Excellent writing and communications skills and ability to work as a member of a fast-paced, transaction oriented team
- Self-starter, must be organized and able to work independently
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Some travel required (<25%)
Goals of Analyst Program:
- For the Analyst to gain experience that will allow junior professionals to:
- Gain a better understanding of identifying quality risk/return opportunities
- Develop proficiency in modeling, financial analysis, and business writing
- Develop skills, professionalism, and experience that will translate into future roles with greater responsibility whether at Barings or another firm.
- For the Firm - to train junior professionals such that they are able to provide leverage to senior professionals, while utilizing them in a manner such that high performers will want to remain with the Firm in roles of increased responsibility.