Process Improvement Engineer 1
Straumann® stands for premium Swiss quality, precision, and innovation delivering confidence in dentistry, backed by the largest global scientific network.
Since our foundation many decades ago, we’ve been inspired to make people’s lives better. Our entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to scientific excellence, have made us a global market leader in esthetic dentistry. We’ve transformed millions of lives. And we’ll transform millions more. Patients and professionals all over the world confirm that improved oral health increases self-confidence. It restores people’s self-esteem and unlocks their life potential. We are proud to be able to make a fundamental difference. Because what we do, goes way beyond simply restoring a smile.
This position can be Hybrid
The Process Improvement Engineer will assist with our back-office (logistics, supply chain, finance, customer service, etc.) operations in Andover, MA. The Process Improvement Engineer reports to the Business Excellence Manager and works in conjunction with the department on current projects and training.
The Process Improvement Engineer will lead and participate in projects and processes to improve current operations and determine more efficient processes. The Process Improvement Engineer’s responsibilities include leading and participating in project pipeline discussions; analyzing the current state of business operations through VOC surveys, data analysis/mining, process mapping, etc.; assisting in improving staff workflows to reduce waste and inefficiencies that ultimately improve the customer experience. Current projects include but are not limited to: improvement in A/R service levels, simplifying the returns/exchanges process, and simplifying customer service processes in order to scale the business.
Additionally, the Process Improvement Engineer will be expected to lead in training the organization in Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies, and guiding employees that complete this training through implementation of the tools into their daily business activities.
- Lead and support lean initiatives, including assisting in planning, performing, and sustainment of DMAIC Projects and Kaizen events
- Lead cross-functional Lean projects aligned to business objectives leading to improved process flow, quality, and/or cost savings
- Improve back-office processes to maximize efficiency and reduce waste, especially through the identification of automation opportunities
- Work closely with the Business Excellence Manager to deploy and sustain the rollout of the Lean Six Sigma/Business Excellence Program
- Design and implement process and methods improvements
- Develop and maintain process documentation such as standard work, playbooks, and control plans
- Conduct optimization studies and perform detailed engineering analysis of existing systems & process equipment
- Lead and participate in special projects supporting the business as required, potentially including artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Share the responsibility of teaching Lean Six Sigma White and Yellow Belt Training with the Business Excellence Manager
Your Skills and Experiences
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, math, statistics, or a related field
- Minimum of a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- 3 to 5 years of experience in understanding and applying lean concepts, data analysis, and project management principles to drive process and project efficiency
- Must have the ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects at once
- Ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams and successfully guide others to successful project completion
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter that can perform well without constant supervision
- Ability to communicate and present clearly and effectively
- Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Documentation and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the office
SAP Position:ID: 579221
What can you expect from us?
- An agile and ambitious environment.
- Open, friendly colleagues who #collaborate and #support each other:
- We are #Players+Learners.
- The #freedom to #create and #engage: You can leave your #FootprintInDentistry.
- An employer who invests in our #inspiring corporate #culture.
- The #opportunity to develop yourself as a person and in your #career. We #grow.
- #Attractive workplaces at great locations - We are a #GlobalPlayer.
- A good salary and many other cool #benefits (depending on location).
- To work for the No. 1 in #Dentistry and one of the leading #MedTech companies.