Technology Risk: Technology Development Program
TECHNOLOGY RISK ROTATION PROGRAM (JUNE 2023)
Get ready to make your mark! Kicking off your career with us means working on projects that matter alongside colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
The Technology Risk Rotation Program is a critical program within the Technology Services Department for cultivating talented, young professionals who aspire to be future leaders. As part of this program, you’ll accelerate the development of foundational risk skills through a combination of classes, self-study, on-the-job training and rotations through Technology Risk teams. Through exposure to key Citizens business divisions, you will graduate from this program with a strong understanding of risk principles and be well-positioned to have a successful career in the financial services industry.
THIS PROGRAM IS BASED IN JOHNSTON, RI
Technology Risk Rotation (TRR)
In this year-long program you will develop the skills and knowledge necessary to have a successful career. You’ll have different Technology Risk Rotations in which you will work to support Citizens’ strategy by delivering a well-controlled operating environment that is sustainable, scalable, and efficient utilizing a data first mindset, with high skilled resources, and streamlined processes to proactively identify, manage and measure risk. Each of the rotations will offer unique opportunities to manage Citizens’ top operational risks within technology infrastructure, architecture, enterprise engineering and data management. Sample responsibilities include:
- Oversee the process, controls and testing approach
- Participate in traditional and proactive risk and control assessments
- Manage, review and report on the issue portfolio
- Participate in issue validation activities
All TRR colleagues from each rotation program will spend their first 4 weeks together for on-boarding, orientation, and our in-house Kickstart Academy.
Early Career Development Program (ECDP)
All Technology Risk Rotation Program participants will participate in the Early Career Development Program (ECDP) – a robust, 4-month program designed to give our new colleagues a solid foundation of Citizens. ECDP runs concurrently with your technology development and rotations. Through the ECDP, you’ll experience:
- 2-day Orientation with all bank-wide development program colleagues (90+ colleagues in 2022)
- Professional development workshops (such as Agile Methodologies and Presence & Presentation)
- Networking opportunities with senior leadership across all areas of Citizens
- Dedicated community service activities to include direct service or skills-based volunteering to local organizations across our footprint.
Life after the program
Upon successful completion of the Program, graduates will be placed on a Technology Risk team where you will continue to develop your career.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Security and Assurance, Computer Science, Software Development or other technology-related degree.
- Expected graduation date of May 2023.
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Cybersecurity and Cloud coursework or experience preferred