Associate Manufacturing Engineer
The Associate Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting all aspects of the manufacturing process, including manufacturing transfers. This is a hands-on position which will provide key technical support throughout the organization. Under supervision, this role will take part in manufacturing and engineering functions such as specifying and validating new equipment and materials, troubleshooting processes, and identifying and implementing process improvements. This role will also work with cross functional teams to monitor and improve yields, resolve material issues, customer complaints and review customer issues. Interface with vendors and internal departments to achieve our goal of high-quality products and on-time delivery.
• Work closely with Jaffrey-based engineering, including time on site, on a regular basis to maintain compliance with Design Control and other standards.
• Execute manufacturing product, process, and equipment transfers to support Strategic Initiatives.
• Implement improvements based on continuous improvement and Lean initiatives.
• Develop process flows and create bill of materials based on existing and new processes.
• Provide support across all functional areas; interface with internal customers and suppliers.
• Perform root cause analysis and support NC’s and CAPA’s as required.
• Use SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD for design and creation of gages, fixtures, and tooling.
• Implement cost reduction by working closely with manufacturing to reduce scrap.
• Create and maintain manufacturing related documentation including work instructions, batch records, PFMEA’s, etc
• Determine process parameters/limitations to meet product specifications in collaboration with the New Product Introduction team.
• Ensure key characteristics of requests are properly communicated between all parties (technical sales, engineering, and production).
• Assist in Research & Development of new materials, assembly methods, and manufacturing processes.
• Initiate, process, and review engineering change notices (ECN) according to change management requirements
• Write and execute Engineering Studies, IQ’s, OQ's and PQ’s for equipment, processes, and product.
• Personify the Teleflex Core Values: Entrepreneurial Spirit, Building Trust, and Make it Fun.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Requirements
• BS degree required. Engineering degree preferred.
• Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment (ISO, FDA, etc.) preferred.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes, specifically extrusion and injection molding, preferred
• Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Power point.
• General understanding of machine design and automation principles.
• Understanding of statistics and SPC.
• Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities.
• Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to think independently.
• Lean, Six Sigma knowledge preferred.
• Ability to rely heavily on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills, fluent in English.