FACULTY OPENING for School Year 2022-2023
Start Date: Immediately
Cristo Rey New York High School (CRNYHS), a coeducational, independent Catholic high school in East Harlem, seeks a talented, dedicated, and experienced educator to join our staff. Our mission is to serve promising students who have been educationally underserved, who demonstrate a passionate desire to make more of themselves, and who are unable to afford any of the Catholic or other private high school options available in New York City.
The Math teacher will be assigned a course load determined by department needs and experience. The mathematics curriculum at CRNYHS consist of Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Trigonometry, and Pre-Calculus. CRNYHS faculty teach as part of collaborative teams in each content area, developing and administering activities and assessments with department colleagues.
Qualified applicants will have some teaching experience at the secondary level and will be effective teaching and assessing a culturally diverse student population.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or Secondary Math Education is required
- Master’s degree in Secondary Math Education is preferred but not required
- Prior successful full-time teaching experience in grades 7 – 12 is required
- Demonstrates competence in technology currently used in the field of education (e.g. Student Information System, Learning Management System, Online Learning tool, etc.)
- Prior experience in Cristo Rey schools, Teach for America, Alliance for Catholic Education, or Nativity/Miguel Schools is a plus, but not required.
NOTICE TO APPLICANT: COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
CRNYHS requires that all eligible employees and volunteers receive vaccination of COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to lawful exemptions.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 professional references by email to:
Ms. Rosanjela Batista, Principal
Cristo Rey New York High School
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Applicants who do not meet advertised requirements will not be considered.
For more information about Cristo Rey NY High School, visit www.cristoreyny.org
This school ministry is endorsed by the American Province of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus, the District of Eastern North America of the Brothers of the Christian Schools, and the USA East Province of the Society of Jesus.
Cristo Rey New York High School does not discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, or religion.