Data Science Intern
Advance Auto Parts isn’t just your local auto parts store. We are the leading competitor in the auto parts industry. We are always looking for ways to better our strategies and broaden our horizons; which is why we are excited to take on a whole new team of interns. For this 10-week paid internship we are looking for interns to specialize in the following areas: Communications, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Merchandising, Retail Operations, Strategy, and Supply Chain. The week of welcome kicks off by pairing you with a mentor who will guide your experience as you work on a project tackling some of our top business initiatives.
This isn’t a job shadow opportunity, this internship is the chance to get involved, contribute and truly experience our workplace. This will be a fun, teamwork atmosphere with the opportunity to build strong peer to peer relationships. The internship will end with the opportunity to present solutions to relevant business problems to some of our top executive staff members. No other company embodies diversity and community engagement like Advance Auto Parts does, but don’t take our word for it, apply and find out for yourself.
Our Interns will be part of exciting strategic programs and projects designed to make an impact on our business. During this internship you will partner closely with cross-functional teams across the company and help shape the future of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will include the following; other duties may be assigned:
The Intern will be assigned a project that will impact the direction of the organization by developing and providing insights that drive both strategic and tactical outcomes for the company. You will have the opportunity to directly influence through the following responsibilities:
- Develop and present data-driven optimization recommendations via dashboards, reports, and ad hoc analyses
- Understand the key drivers of business across organization and generate hypotheses on how to grow KPIs. Take these hypotheses and build a business case that includes execution, a testing framework, and follow through to measurement of success
- Analyze customer, transaction, and operations data to find trends and patterns, create actionable insights
- Partner with data scientists for more complex data sets/problems to collaboratively drive key business results by deploying regression, segmentation, and/or machine learning models
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills with a high sense of collaboration
- Ability to effectively prioritize
- Ability to proactively problem solve
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields
- Experience with Python, Pandas, or SQL programming languages
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Must be rising Junior or Senior at time of internship program
- Raleigh, NC Hybrid Work Arrangement (4200 Six Forks Rd. – North Hills)