Financial Analyst Intern - Pricing
Advance Auto Parts isn’t just your local auto parts store. We are the leading competitor in the auto parts industry. We are always looking for ways to better our strategies and broaden our horizons; which is why we are excited to take on a whole new team of interns.
For this 10 week paid internship we are looking for interns to specialize in the following areas: Communications, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Merchandising, Retail Operations, Strategy, and Supply Chain. The week of welcome kicks off by pairing you with a mentor who will guide your experience as you work on a project tackling some of our top business initiatives.
This isn’t a job shadow opportunity, this internship is the chance to get involved, contribute and truly experience our workplace. This will be a fun, teamwork atmosphere with the opportunity to build strong peer to peer relationships. The internship will end with the opportunity to present solutions to relevant business problems to some of our top executive staff members. No other company embodies diversity and community engagement like Advance Auto Parts does. But don’t take our word for it, apply and find out for yourself.
The pricing intern position is responsible for partnering with multiple internal stakeholders to create, implement and validate pricing strategies and tactics aligned to support the overall strategic and operating plans of Advance Auto Parts. The position is a hands-on, action-oriented role accountable to help build a world class pricing capability that drives future company performance.
General Job Responsibilities
- Pricing Analysis: Provide fact-based analyses of pricing activity, utilizing modeling and ad-hoc approaches, to identify actionable opportunities, develop ideas, and make recommendations for optimal financial performance.
- Communication: Present verbal and written reports providing pricing recommendations and outcomes to all mid-level and senior-level managers of the organization.
- Relationships: Develop effective relationships with multiple functions within the company (Sales, Merchandising, Marketing, Information Technology, etc.). Build trust at all levels (independent contributor through Executive) by proactively providing credible and value-added support. Learn the important aspects of the supported business to become involved in key business decisions.
- Pricing Management: Input customer/category centric item strategies in the form of rules and constraints into the pricing management system. Initiate pricing programs at the category/sku level to meet objectives and growth intent.
- Special projects: Lead special projects that have an impact on the entire Pricing Team and that provide company with benefits or improved performance.
- Rising Junior or Senior
- Preferred Majors: Economics, Finance, Business, Mathematics
- IT/Computer Science background /Classes/Experience
- Heavy Technical Skills
- SQL /Snowflake
- Big Data/Reporting Tools
- Power BI
- Strong ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions through analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of senior management, department heads, managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Advanced Excel skills and database skills (Access, SQL) required, as well as an ability to learn company systems and tools as needed
- Raleigh NC Hybrid Work Arrangement (4200 Six Forks Rd. - North Hills)