District Executive - Columbus, Ohio
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
Today's professional Scouters are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference, work that calls one to continual learning and challenge, work that offers solid compensation, benefits and advancement.
- Work with a volunteer board of directors and other community and business leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide, and inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
- Achieve progress towards specific goals and objectives which include: program development through collaborative relationships, volunteer recruitment and training, fundraising, membership recruitment and retention.
- Be responsible for extending programs to religious, civic, fraternal, educational, and other community-based organizations through volunteers
- Ensure that all program sites are served through volunteers, regular leader meetings, training events and activities.
- Collaborate with adult volunteers and oversee achievement of training for their respective role.
- Provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible and creative.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary of $40,000 Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, a Match Savings program, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous vacation policy and BSA holiday observances.
How to apply: submit a resume to email@example.com