2023 Business Analyst Intern
As you launch your career as a business analyst at Amazon, you will focus on improving the success within a business function by analyzing data, discovering and solving real world problems, and building metrics and business cases to improve the customer's experience. We are focused on your success and want to build future leaders within Amazon.
A key component of the role is to identify process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring existent metrics, analyzing data and collaborating with internal teams. In addition, design and develop automated reporting solutions to enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions. Lastly, enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format. Internship roles are available nationwide: Corporate offices and fulfillment centers.
Preferred applicants are majoring in business, computer, data engineering, economics, finance, engineering, mathematics, machine learning, science, statistics, and symbolic systems. In addition, basic to advanced knowledge of TABLEAU/Power Query, intermediate (e.g., vlookup) / advanced Excel skills (e.g., Write/edit VBA), and a basic to advanced knowledge of SQL (all join types, group by, order by, calculated columns).
• This role is for nationwide opportunities and not just for Seattle locations only. Applicants must be open to relocation.
• Internship start dates will be between May- June 2023 for a 12-week, consecutive internship.
• We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role or consider students with visa sponsorship needs.
• For more information, please visit https://amazonundergradstudent.splashthat.com.
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program with a graduation conferral date between December 2023 and June 2024.
• Able to work 40 hours a week throughout the course of a 10 to 12-week summer internship between May through September 2023.
•Preferred majors are business, computer, data engineering, economics, finance, engineering, mathematics, machine learning, science, statistics, and symbolic systems.
•Basic to advanced knowledge of TABLEAU/Power Query, intermediate (e.g., vlookup) / advanced Excel skills (e.g., Write/edit VBA), and a basic to advanced knowledge of SQL (all join types, group by, order by, calculated columns).
•Strong academic, leadership, and/or extracurricular record
• Effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication with a keen focus on delivering business results.
• Demonstrated track record in using data and metrics to make decisions and build scalable solutions.
• Ability to influence across all levels of an organization.
• Ability to act strategically and make decisions under ambiguity.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position is $25.38/hr. Base pay is based on market location. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.