Data Analytics Intern - Winter 2023 (Nationwide)
BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
BDO Digital, LLC, a subsidiary of BDO USA, LLP, provides a holistic portfolio of technology, transformation services and solutions. We are an organization that values your time, talent, and contributions. Collaborate with BDO Digital’s cross-disciplinary team who work together to solve digital needs and unearth new opportunities to drive competitive advantage. Our commitment to each other is why BDO Digital is a recognized leader for our culture, employee satisfaction and career growth. We’re looking for people with the same drive; to combine teamwork with technology to produce amazing results.
This role will work with cutting-edge data analytics technologies primarily within the cloud developing code in a collaborative team environment. This internship consists of real-world projects and deliverables that will give you exposure to a variety of data analytics technologies from a variety of industries. You will have the opportunity to work on client projects that have a real business impact and give you the experience and skills to equip you in your future career. There is also the potential to join our team as a full-time employee after graduation.
This is a part-time internship and we are seeking candidates who can commit at least 20 hours per week during business hours to the internship.
- Currently attending an accredited college or university, required
- Academically in good standing with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, required
- Currently an actively enrolled Junior / Senior student, preferred
- Majoring in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Systems, or Data Science, preferred
- Three (3) or more months experience with data analytics technologies such as SQL and SQL server, required
- Classroom programming experience, required
- Experience with ETL tools such as SSIS or Azure Data Factory and Data Modeling and Visualization Tools such as Power BI or Tableau, preferred
- Strong SQL Server skills along with SQL queries and stored procedures required
- Experience with one or more the following technologies, preferred:
- Data Lake Technologies
- Azure Data Factory or other ELT tools
- Microsoft Azure SQL, SQL Data Warehouse, or Amazon Redshift
- Data Modeling, Semantic Model Definition and Star Schema Construction
- Machine Learning
- Visualization Tool Experience Such as Power BI, Tableau, or Qlik
- Analysis Services (SSAS - Tabular cubes)
- Reporting Services (SSRS)
- C# / ASP.NET
- Automation tools such as UiPath, Alteryx, etc.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work a minimum of 20-25 hours a week for 8-12-week period (we can be flexible around your schedule)
Keywords: Intern, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, BI Developer, BI, SQL Developer, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Machine Learning, Data Lake Analytics, Stream, BI Stack, Cube, Microsoft, SQL Server, Tableau, .Net, C#, Qlik, Power BI, Machine Learning, Azure Data Factory, RedShift, Software Developer
Akron, Anchorage, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boca Raton, Boston, Charlotte, Cherry Hill, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbia, Coral Gables, Dallas, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Grand Rapids, Greater Philadelphia, Greater Washington D.C - Potomac, Greater Washington D.C. - McLean, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kalamazoo, Lakeland, Laramie, Las Vegas, Long Island, Los Angeles, McLean, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York, Norfolk, Oak Brook, Orange County, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, Reno, Richmond, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, St. Louis, Stamford, Washington, DC, West Palm Beach, Wilmington