Spring 2023 Film Award Intern
The Film Award Intern is responsible for assisting the Shine Global team with the film selection process for the second edition of the Children’s Resilience in Film Award. This position will primarily assist the with screening/reviewing film submissions, film screening and award show event planning (these events will occur in the Fall,) and research/data entry.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Processing and organizing film submissions in FilmFreeway (training provided)
- Assisting with assigning submissions and managing volunteer screener workflow
- Researching potential films and maintaining spreadsheets
- Screening film submissions as needed
- Assist with content gathering and proofreading/editing for the ticketing sites and other materials.
- Assist with event planning as needed.
- Assist with other Shine Global projects and administrative tasks as needed
In addition to the above general criteria, our ideal candidate for the Film Award internship would also possess the following:
- Very strong interest in independent and/or international cinema and film festival culture
- Critical eye for high-quality films that align with Shine Global’s mission
- Video editing and/or graphic design skills are a plus
***Intern will be asked to work a minimum of 15-17 hours per week