Event Management Intern
EVENT MANAGEMENT HYBRID INTERNSHIP
- Supervisor: Katherine Campbell, Associate Director, with experience in Program and Project management, event planning and coordinating, etc.
- Location: Hybrid, New York City
- Hours: 10 to 15 hours per week, 4 to 6 months commitment
- Type: I'RAISE non-profit organization is an approved field placement agency. If students wish to gain fieldwork or academic credit, please speak with your college about our internship opportunity.
- Team: Executive team members, Marketing team, and Events Committee members
Title: Event Management Intern
Summary: I'RAISE is looking for College Students pursuing a B.S. or M.S. degree in Event Management or related field. We are hosting an event named Unapologetically Black in honor of black history month for year 2023. Are you interested in utilizing your knowledge and skillsets in event management and apply it to a real-life event or work environment? We host both virtual and in-person events in a quarterly basis and prepare in advance.
- Establish event objectives
- Recruit event committee, select event manager, and establish sub-committee chairs
- Select date
- Identify venue
- Develop event master plan and set theme for the event
- Get cost estimates (e.g., room rental, food & beverage, equipment, speaker fees, travel, etc.) and create a budget
- Create communications plan (ensure staff and/or volunteers are identified to manage specific tasks – e.g., outreach, coordination, design, online /social media marketing, etc.)
- Identify and confirm speakers/presenters/entertainer
- Identify and contact potential sponsors/partners
- Create RSVP page and create tracking document (e.g., eventbrite)
- Managing Speaker/Presenter Liaison, Venue/Logistics and Communication Plans
- Play an important role in our company’s marketing strategy
- Face-to-face contact between companies, liaison, participants at our events
Qualifications: College Students pursuing a B.S. or M.S. degree in Event Management, Event Coordinating, Event Planning or related field
Benefit being part of our program: Receive real-life work exposure and utilizing what you are learning and gaining in school, be equipped with transferable skills (event planning, design, production), get hands-on experience on how Event Management works in a non-profit world, and succeed in this exciting Event Management field!
Disclaimer: We are unable to provide any type of visa sponsorship or pay due to a small budget.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.