Vita Finance Services is a business management company that serves entrepreneurs. Our employees must be like-minded professionals with a heart and dedication to super serving clients and their trusted advisors. As a business management firm, our core competencies include bookkeeping, the preparation of financial statements and tax return prep, human resource administration, financial statement cleanup and ad hoc consulting projects. It is our duty to chart the greatest course of action for our clients which includes preservation, growth and execution of their financial plans. It is our duty to chart the greatest course of action for our clients which includes preservation, growth and/or execution of their financial plans.
- Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely financial recordkeeping in adherence to business management related policies and procedures, including AR, AP, Bank Reconciliations, and other GL Account Reconciliations.
- Review & post journal entries for expense coding.
- Monitor transactions & accounts to ensure payments are current and processed efficiently.
- Perform credit card downloading and coding.
- Assist with year-end 1099 processing and tax packages.
- Assist the management team with the preparation of the financial statements, budgets and forecasts.
- Assist the management team with New Client On-boarding procedures.
- Prepare Weekly Client communications (cash reports, weekly updates)
- Assist in developing presentations for various levels of management relative to their needs
- Assist Senior team members as needed.
- Handle Ad hoc projects as needed.
This position requires a highly organized individual who is proficient in data entry and data management. He or she must possess strong initiative and have the ability to complete multiple projects in a deadline driven environment. He or she must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts to solicit support to complete tasks.
Core Competency Requirements
· Establishes trust with others, most importantly, the supervisor
· Partners with members of the department on assignments which require shared information
· Looks for ways to help others add value
· Asks questions to determine Supervisor’s expectations and requirements
· Follows up with client vendors and customers on a timely basis
· Prioritize financial and accounting tactics relative to each client’s risk assessment.
· Initiates action without being directed or asked to by others
· Identifies opportunities for improving service and communication
· Interacts effectively with people of all levels
· Ensure Supervisor is updated regarding projects and other information as needed
· Effectively deals with straight forward choices
· Clarifies and examines assumptions with others to reduce uncertainty
· Anticipates the long-term consequences of a decision
· Understands relationships among several parts of a problem
· Involves management in process after alternatives have been developed and can be presented
Technical Competency Requirements
· Possesses excellent spreadsheet skills
· Possesses knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software
· Suggests ways to use data analysis tools or otherwise automate processes
· Participates in meetings
· Extracts information from informal comments
Project Management Skills
· Develops estimates, establishes deadlines
· Monitors tasks and assignments to ensure accurate and timely completion
· Maintain documentation of status for all assigned tasks
Operational Evaluation Skills
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of business management services
· Identifies best practices within the company that may be relevant to the position responsibilities
· Plays multiple roles on a team as needed
· Shares ideas, innovations and best practices that can benefit others
· Supports team decisions to people outside of the team
· Ensure accurate and up-to-date information within timekeeping system
· Ensure that all working papers are properly organized, stored, & retrievable
· Support paperless philosophy via the use of scan and save technology