Accounting-Focused Students - paid internship opportunity, your choice: full or part time
Accounting-focused Students: A paid internship that gives back: 3 billion dollars back, annually!
What is the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)?
Auditing defense contracts is unlike any other career in the financial world: Before an aircraft carrier sails out to sea for the first time, we've been on board. Before a medevac helicopter takes to the skies, we've seen it being made. We audit government contracts for supplies, equipment, and services that help our military service members and their missions succeed while giving back $3 billion in taxpayer money each year. So much more than a desk job, there's no other career in the financial world like a career with DCAA.
Qualifications: Applicants must be enrolled at a qualifying educational institution full time and completed at least one year of study. The required education must lead to a bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field (auditing, business administration, economics, finance, or public administration) with a total of 24 or more semester hours in Accounting including up to 6 semester hours in Business Law. Minimum GPA: 2.5, must be U.S. Citizen.
- Gathers background information for assigned audit areas.
- Assists in identifying and testing internal controls and performing other applicable audit tests to aid the audit team.
- Assists audit team with the compilation, arrangement and evaluation of data and preparation of audit working papers.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate audit administrative files, time control information and data. Examines and reviews accounting documents.
Enjoy all the benefits of working for DoD, DCAA, and the Federal Government:
· Competitive salaries and career advancement opportunities - our interns are paid and even have advancement opportunity within the intern program. Interns may work full or part-time.
· Unparalleled training from the Defense Contract Audit Institute and many professional and leadership development programs
· Commitment to work-life balance
· Flexible work hours and teleworking opportunities, hybrid work environment
· Generous leave, benefits, and retirement packages
· Reimbursement for job-related education and certifications
Applicants must live or attend school within commuting proximity to one of these locations:
EL SEGUNDO CA
LA PALMA CA
NEWPORT NEWS VA
REDONDO BEACH CA
SAN ANTONIO TX
ST. PETERSBURG FL
WEST COVINA CA
This is a paid internship with Federal government benefits & option to work full or part-time. DCAA is committed to your development and will transition you to a permanent position upon graduation (with reasonable performance expectations met). Our interns don't make copies and coffee - DCAA provides hands on learning right from the start!