Bilingual Mental Health Therapist
Now $2000 sign-on bonus for new Seneca Employees (for this role)!
Do you care about the mental health of children? Join a team that cares just as much as you do.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a dedicated Bilingual Mental Health Therapist! As a therapist, you will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team of clinical professionals providing mental health services children and their caregivers with a family systems approach. You will support foster and adopted children, those being raised by relatives, and children 0-5 population. You will participate in the daily provision of services to clients within the program through assessment, diagnosing, direct mental health therapy and case management functions in family systems, strength-based model. You will provide services at the program site and in the community, including hospitals, schools, and family homes.
Seneca Family of Agencies is a non-profit that has been committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities with a network of outstanding mental health, community-based, and educational services since 1985. We serve over 18,000 youth and families throughout California and Washington annually and are committed to our Unconditional Care® model. At Seneca, we do whatever it takes to help children and families thrive, even when faced with tremendous challenges.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Promptly respond to referrals of children and adolescents who present with symptoms of psychiatric disorders
- Complete assessment and evaluation process of assigned clients including obtaining consents for all aspects of treatment, obtaining relevant documents, and meeting/speaking with various adults or professionals involved in the client’s life in order to develop and implement the treatment plan
- On cases that indicate a medical necessity for treatment, implement a case specific treatment plan in order to provide mental health services including individual, family and group therapy in addition to case management, linkage and consultation with community resources including schools and other providers.
- Complete regular, timely reviews of all assigned case, and comply with all requirements of child abuse reporting, Medi-Cal compliance and confidentiality in accordance with standards set by Seneca Family of Agencies
- Assists with creating and updating assigned portions of electronic client files according to established procedures
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client and business operations information and availability for crisis intervention services.
- Conduct self in a manner reflecting credit on the agency and complies with agency policies and procedures as outlined by supervisors and administrators
- Masters degree in social work, psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy or similar field
- Eligible to register with the California BBS and maintain current registration/licensure at all times
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently
- Direct work experience providing therapy based services to children, adolescents and families required
- Must have experience and understanding of the clinical diagnostic process and utilization of the DSM-V
- Valid CA driver’s license and insurable under Seneca Family of Agencies insurance policy
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other licensing or certification requirements
- Must show proof of Covid-19 fully vaccinated and boosted
- Direct work experience and/or understanding of clinical issues pertaining to children in the child welfare system, adoption, relative care giving a plus!
- Monday to Friday
- 9:00 am- 5:00 pm
- Starting at $67,000- $81,000 annually, the actual salary is dependent on creditable experience above the minimum qualifications for the role.
- Salary increase upon passing a bilingual language test.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- $4000 salary increase upon licensure.
- $2000 sign-on bonus!
- Salary increases each year.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package:
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture, and fertility coverage
- Long-term disability, family leave, and life insurance
- 50% paid premiums for dependents
- 403b retirement plan
- Employer-Paid Assistance Plan
- 5 weeks of Paid Time off and 11 Paid Holidays
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Seneca supports clinicians towards licensure and beyond.
- We provide individual and group supervision, regular clinical case conferences, and licensure and renewal courses led by field experts.
- Expenses such as outside trainings or licensure fees can be mitigated though your clinical training stipend,
- Abundant promotional opportunities across the agency in California and Washington
Please apply directly through our website by clicking here!
Key Words: Social Worker, Mental Health, MFT, MSW, PCC, ASW, AMFT, APCC, LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, Therapist, Therapy, Social Work, Non-profit, Nonprofit, Youth, Advocate, Family, Children, Families, Behavioral Health, Healthcare, Bilingual, Hollister, San Benito County, Spanish-speaking, Spanish Speaking, Case Management, Case Worker, Foster Work, Foster Care, Adoption Work,