Tanzania Education Corp (TEC) (www.tanzaniaeducationcorp.org) is a Boston based NGO who has worked with two high performing schools in Tanzania, Tumaini Junior School (Karatu, Tanzania) and Tumaini Senior Secondary School (Makuyuni Tanzania) since 2009.
Learn about how a nonprofit works and enjoy a year in Tanzania, working closely with Tanzanians. Free time to explore the Country. No experience is necessary, we will train you to;
Over-see all aspects of communication between Tumaini Schools and donors as well as acting as the point person for Tanzania Education Corporation 120 sponsored students.
Coordinate all correspondence between student and their sponsor.
Facilitate and lead guest tours around Tumaini campuses and follow up according to tour SOPs.
Organize bi-annual donor updates for sponsored students.
Write monthly enewsletter and support the social media director with content including images, interviews and ideas.
Maintain frequent check-ins with school point people to receive updates about academic and social well-being of TEC students.
Maintain detailed records of the students sponsored by the organization to be shared with the Directors of the organization using Filemaker Pro Software.
Over-see the Junior School and Senior School libraries.
Ensure the librarians are implementing SOPs.
Assist with inventory taking.
Facilitate the purchasing and accounting of library supplies.
If a librarian is absent, oversee library opening times.
A one-year commitment. This commitment can be extended upon mutual agreement.
· $600 USD a month stipend transferred to your US bank account.
· All visa fees (tourist and work) will be paid by TEC.
· Reimbursement for all TEC related out-of-pocket expenses, paid monthly.
· Rent, utilities (includes internet) and housekeeper in TEC house. Own bedroom. Food is not included.
· A one-way airfare from your home to Tanzania at the beginning of your employ. A second one-way airfare from Tanzania back to your home when you stop working for TEC, assuming that you have worked for TEC for a minimum of 12 full months. The total cost of the two one-way fares cannot exceed $2,000 USD.
· Shared Apple laptop for TEC business; we encourage you to bring your own for personal use.
· Three weeks of paid vacation, but vacation cannot be taken between June 1 and Sept 30 (the time of guest tours).
· Does not include costs of immunizations.
January 3, 2023
Native English Speaker
a bachelor's degree or higher
some experience in a foreign country, preferably in an African country, is desirable