Part Time Data Scientist - Sports Analytics
About the Company
RSK Analytics, in collaboration with Maestro Technologies, is a start-up sports analytics firm focused on finding trends in mass amounts of data, which we use to better analyze players and teams. We specialize in football, basketball, and baseball. Our goal is to create a subscription service for professional teams and individuals interested in understanding sports on a more granular level.
About the Role
You will be in charge of cleaning, mapping, and visualizing large data sets. Each data point is important--figuring out exactly how important it is will be the key to accurately estimating future performance. If you are passionate about solving complex data problems and have an interest in sports, this is the role for you.
Responsibilities and Skills
- High level understanding of NFL and NBA is preferred
- Leverage Big Data to discover patterns and solve strategic and tactical problems using massive structured and unstructured data sets across multiple environments.
- Develop analytic capabilities (e.g. models and processes) that predict better outcomes for both players and overall teams
- Drive the collection, cleansing, processing and analysis of new and existing data sources.
- Executes complex analyses to aid in reporting and interpretation of analytical findings to build a comprehensive solution
- Demonstrates good judgment and analytical skills to conduct option analysis and present recommendations
- Create visualizations/dashboards of findings to team members
- Support and resolve issues related to analyses or deliverables in production
- Mapping of processes to understand opportunities for advanced analytics and product enhancement
- Familiarity with a scripting language: e.g. Perl, Python or a programming language: e.g. Java.
- language: e.g. Java.