Health Policy Analyst
About the job
At CMS, we believe that at the core of our organization are the employees that carry out the Agency’s vision of advancing health equity, expanding coverage, and improving health outcomes.
This position will be in direct support of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022. This new law allows Medicare to negotiate drug prices, caps out-of-pocket spending for prescription drugs in Medicare, and gives more Americans access to affordable health insurance coverage at HealthCare.gov.
About the role:
As a Health Policy Analyst (Health Insurance Specialist on USAJOBS) you will interpret statute and develop Federal regulations, policy statements, and other program guidance relating to health insurance programs.
$81,216 - $105,579 per year. This is the BASE salary for this position. Final pay will be determined by experience and locality.
What you'll do:
- Develop, implement, and maintain operational requirements, including standard operating procedures, as well as databases to manage and analyze programmatic information such as routine and ad hoc report, deliverables, and programmatic documentation.
- Coordinate and prepare responses to Office of the Inspector General and Government Accountability Office actions and monitor progress of associated corrective action plans.
- Attend meetings and conferences with CMS staff and serve as a source of background data on the basis of research performed in preparation for the meetings and conferences.
- Develop project plans to ensure logistics are handled efficiently, identifying potential bottlenecks and resolving issues within the scope of authority.
Where we're hiring:
This is a remote position; however, the position reports to a CMS Office on a periodic basis (e.g. 8-12 times per year). Requirements to report to the office will vary and can be discussed at the time of interview. As such, your pay will be based on your home address. For more information on locality and pay scales, please click here. Your worksite must be within the United States and you must adhere to all regulations and policies regarding remote work at CMS and in the federal government, including the signing of a remote work agreement.
Experience we're looking for:
(1) Conducting analysis of national health insurance program policy issues in order to propose policy modifications; (2) Developing regulations, manuals, program guidelines, program memoranda, policy letters, and/or instructions to communicate health insurance program policies; AND (3) Presenting recommendations and conclusions based on analysis and evaluation of health insurance programs that describe feasible options and/or the consequences.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
Come see why over 6,000 employees say CMS is their employer of choice! In addition to dynamic and exciting opportunities, CMS offers generous compensation and benefits programs, an outstanding work-life balance, and most important, the opportunity to give back to your community, state and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. For more information about careers at CMS, visit: https://www.cms.gov/ira-careers
Apply by 11/07/22!