Intern – Information Technology
NetApp is a Fortune 500 company that believes in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpionts, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are a global cloud-led, data-centric software company that gives organizations everywhere the freedom to put data to work in the applications that elevate their business.
NetApp values and behaviors serve as our inspiration and guideposts on our journey together to build an aspirational culture and empower our customers and each other.
As an Intern within NetApp IT, you will work closely with a team that supports and enhances NetApp's world-wide business processes and systems. You will be provided a short-term project to complete during your Internship. To ensure success, you will be paired with a mentor who will guide and assist you throughout the duration of the internship. Our intern work differs depending on the team and project work but some potential areas of focus and skill sets are listed in the requirements below.
We invest heavily in new talent. Your energy and fresh ideas are vital to cementing our position as a market -leader. We’ll push you beyond your comfort zone with a belief that no idea is off-limits. At the same time, you’ll have all the resources, mentoring and feedback you need to grow. What’s more, whatever your role, you can be yourself in a team that celebrates individuality and welcomes different perspectives.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience with IT systems (applications, servers, networking, etc.) or IT practices (operations, change control, release management)
· Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional and technical team members to support deadlines
· Ability to work independently
· Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize these in a customer-facing environment.
· Multi-tasking and organizational skills
· Sense of urgency and determination to complete work
· Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
· Project experience in data analysis, statistical modeling and hypothesis testing
· Working knowledge of one or more statistical analysis tools or languages & related libraries/packages: R, Python, SPSS, SAS, etc.
· Knowledge and application of concepts important to Machine Learning: e.g., cross-validation, regularization, bootstrapping, etc.
· Experience with one or more business intelligence or data visualization tools (eg. shiny, plotly, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
Must be enrolled in an educational or professional program through summer 2023 or late.
This is an internship with start date in May or June 2023. Recruiting efforts will be ongoing until specific teams find an ideal match.
NetApp's approach to in-person and remote work will be a flexible hybrid model that emphasizes flexibility for employees and puts our talent first.
U.S. Residents Only: In accordance with NetApp’s Policy, all U.S. employees of NetApp must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they work at a Company location or remotely. If there is a reason preventing you from receiving the COVID-19 vaccination, you must request and be approved for one of the legally acceptable exemptions and reasonable accommodation must be established.