EAB is the leading global provider of research and advice to higher education and K-12 institutions, working with more than 2,500 colleges, universities, and school districts in the U.S., Canada, and Europe. Our research programs help executives at client organizations educate stakeholders, make research-informed decisions, and speed implementation of industry best practices.
We are looking for a motivated and intellectually curious individual to join the EAB Research team. EAB’s research programs offer strategic guidance at scale: we help education executives make progress on their most pressing issues. At EAB, Research Associates work on one of three teams:
- Our K-12 Team responds to client inquiries and investigates specific client questions on issues in the public K-12 space. Recent inquiries include topics like increasing equity in accelerated math pathways, full-day pre-K programs, and district program evaluation.
- Our Market Insights Team creates data-driven deliverables that enable clients to assess job market trends, align curriculum with employer and student demand, and identify opportunities for program development and revitalization.
- Our Higher Ed Team uses EAB’s 10+ years of research to best answer client inquiries. This team also creates data and insights driven deliverables to help clients make decisions and expedite key initiatives. Common projects include audits of career services web offerings and quick-turnaround primary and secondary research to support topics like international student services and equity in college admissions.
Team placement is determined by business need at time of hire. This role is based in Washington D.C.
- Manage multiple processes and projects simultaneously, delivering excellent service and results on time
- Produce high-quality deliverables that highlight research-driven insights and are error-free and consistent with EAB’s style and point of view
- Investigate specific client inquiries using EAB and secondary research sources
- Participate in team meetings and meetings with other EAB staff to best answer client questions, connect clients to EAB experts, and drive impact at client institutions
- Bachelor’s Degree, with an excellent academic record
- Minimum of 3 months of work or internship experience
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Writing in-depth reports in a professional setting
- Managing multiple projects with various deadlines
- Researching business issues
- Demonstrated interest in higher education or K-12 education, as shown through coursework, research, or professional experience
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives, in both oral and written formats
- Experience with solution-focused problem solving
- Experience managing time and meeting deadlines across multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Proven ability to take initiative on projects
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.