Digital Marketing Intern - Spring 2023
The Digital Marketing Intern provides communications support to the development team at at Jameson Camp. In this role you will collaborate closely with the Development Director to create and share mission-driven messaging that inspires others to empower youth by removing barriers to healthy and vibrant experiences in nature.
Your primary project will be developing an annual digital communications calendar. This position is also responsible for collecting and sharing inspiring content for social media, digital newsletters, and the online blog. The digital marketing intern must aid in the growth of Jameson Camp’s digital audience and online gifting.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
As the creator of the digital communications calendar:
- Research nonprofit and summer camp industry trends in digital communications.
- Research external factors that will impact organizational communications (holidays, local events, etc.)
- Evaluate existing communications strategy and resources.
- Make and defend recommendations for improvements.
- Deliver a clear and concise 2023 multichannel digital communications calendar.
As the designer of inspiring content:
- Understand and utilize the branding guide to develop content.
- Gather visuals and stories to share across digital channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Create and schedule social media posts.
- Communicate the values and impact of Jameson Camp.
- Increase digital engagement and audience.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Enjoy making detailed plans.
- Are passionate about supporting youth.
- Love social media.
- Have experience in communications (yearbook, newspaper, social media, coursework, etc.)
High School Diploma Required.
Must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
Preference will be given to Marketing, Communications, and Media majors.